( Pg 6 )

"Are you okay now?" He questioned.

I nodded my head taking a deep breath.

And then I looked up at others. Everyboy was staring at me with different emotions. Quinn was glaring at both of us. Then I looked at my dad.

He had a worried look and I was suprise he didn't reach me.

" Dad.." I called in confuse.

" He didn't let us touch you. You were screaming when we tried to touch you." Dee whisper yelled at me pointing to Adrian.

But Adrian was already sitting back and eating his food.

" Sorry. It's just. I think I'm going inside." I gave her a strained smile and got up from the ground.

Dad rushed to me with a bit of hesitation. "I'm fine dad." I patted his arm with a small smile.

"Wow Adrian. You're like a doctor. How do you know what to do in those attacks?" Quinn's younger sister, Beth exclaimed.

" It was kind of you, honey." Kelly touched Adrian's arm. I glanced at him as he nodded blankly.

" I know someone having attacks." He shrugged and I knew he was talking about me. I reacted that way the first time he too grabbed my wrist.

Josh came to me and checked my shoulder. "I'll give you something for that. Be careful sis." Josh ruffled my hair playfully.

I gave him a weak smile and turned to leave. My head was throbbing with an ache and my body went limp after the flash back.

" I'm sorry for the trouble, Sam. May I escort you inside?" Quinn got up and came to me with a barely guilty face. His lip was busted a little and I was confused how it happened.

I took a step away from him and felt other's gazes.

Family matters and I didn't want to cause any troubles since I already made the enjoyble lunch awkward. My family didn't deserve my struggles with my forgotten past.

I nodded my head to Quinn and walked inside the house.

I turned way directly to my room hoping he would take the clue and leave me alone.

But the man followed me to my room and I stopped at my door turning toward him.

" Thank you." I avoided his gaze and started to close the door.

" Wait. I want to ask you something. Would you like to go out with me?" Suddenly his question froze my hand.

Dear lord no. He was giving me creeps from the day I met him.

" Sorry. I'm not dating." I answered.

" Why don't we give it a try? I know that you're not dating currently or...do you have a crush on Adrian?" His last question made me snap at him in suprise.

" I don't think so." I raised my eybrows at him. Why did he think such a stupid thing?

" Oh nothing. So you're coming with me? Just one time and I won't ever annoy you ever again." He smirked at me. I thought about that. Never having him to annoy me ever again? It was a bless. I didn't like the man at all.

" Okay. I'll go with you just this once. Then you have to leave me alone." I gave him a stern look.

" Sure. I promise you're going to enjoy it. So this evening? At seven?" He asked me giving seductive glances. My stomac rolled a bit.

" Okay. I'll be ready." I nodded my head and closed the door.

* * * *

"You're going on a date with the man? I thought you didn't like him." Josh grumbled following me downstairs.

The boy didn't even let me get ready in peace. I rolled my eyes at him.

" And I'm saying again. I don't like him. Mom, Josh's annoying me." I called to her as we reached the living room.

Lucky for me dad wasn't home and Dee was already asleep because she was exhausted.

And that left mom and Josh. And Adrian wouldn't count.

Both of them were siting on a sofa watching a movie.

Mom looked at my outfit. I was wearing some jeans and a purple and blue shading top. It matched my coloured strands as they fell down on my back. And butterfly earings were something I loved to wear.

" I think you should go on dates more. You look sexy." She commented winking at me.

" Dates? No thanks mom. It's trouble." I frowned.

" So why are you going with Quinn?" Josh smacked my arm.

" To get rid of him. What else?" I smirked at him.

" So you didn't tell me why you got a panic attack at lunch." Suddenly Josh's question washed away my smile.

" A memory flashback. It's nothing important." I waved it away dismissively and turned to get away from the place.

The door bell rang and I made a quick excuse and rushed to the rack with my jacket and gloves. It was cold outside.

I was trying to pull my tangled jacket but it was stuck with the hanger. I was frustrated and my hand shook.

And then a hand reached forward from behind me and untangled the jacket slowly.

Then his hands helped me to put on the jacket. I didn't turn back. Didn't have to.

I leaned back against him and closed my eyes. "I was a lab rat. They didn't care." A sob escaped my lips.

" My beast want to rip them apart." He whispered.

" And you?"

" I want to kick Quinn away for triggering them."

" I won't mind that at all, boss."

" Oh! But I do. My dad will throw me out and I'm not ready to leave you here with them yet." His last words clenched my heart.

I stepped away from him wrapping my own hands around myself. He still didn't trust me.