Chapter Twenty Nine - The Calm

It's been three weeks since the lies finally ended. Gerard got everyone new phones and numbers. For the first two weeks we stayed with Mikey and Sarah, they were so kind to me even though I wasn't family. Mikey even let me hear new tracks from Electric Century, promising not to let anyone know.

Most of my bruises were finally gone, others were faint marks on my skin. My arms were healed from the cuts, there were a couple scars from the deeper cuts. The cops kept us informed on the situation, which was they couldn't find him and he was still out there. I knew he would be hard to catch, every night I prayed he wouldn't find me.

After two weeks Gerard, Lindsay, Bandit and I all went back to their house. Bandit was happy to finally be back home to her bed and her toys, she was still so innocent not having a clue on what was happening. The first few days were rough, none of us getting any sleep. I barely ate anything, constantly worried I would turn around and Matt would be there.

Now here we are, like I said it's been three weeks since I told them the whole truth. Lindsay has been sweet to me, she talks to me about anything just to keep our minds off of Matthew. Right now Gerard was taking a shower, Lindsay and Bandit were upstairs playing and I was watching TV. I had actually grabbed some toast to eat and was taking my first bite when the news came on.

My hands started shaking, Zacky's and Matthew's picture appeared. The newswoman started to speak, "the body of Zacky Agustin was found behind the Bennington Apartments earlier this morning. Someone complained of a smell to the manager, he is said to have been dead for over three weeks."

I continued to watch with wide eyes, "Matthew Price is a suspect in the murder case, he is still wanted for questioning in an attack case on a Shiloh Davis. If you see this man please do not approach, he is considered dangerous." Quickly I turned the television off, his picture staring at me.

Without thinking I started to cry, I was tired of crying but what else could I do. My hands covered my face and I was bent over still sitting on the couch. The spot next to me shifted as someone sat down, arms wrapped around me. His familiar voice trying to sooth me. "Shy, it's okay. Shhh, I'm here. Don't cry." Gerard's hand started to rub circles on my back.

I turned to face him, bringing myself closer and embraced him. He just hugged me tighter, letting me cry on his shirt. Gerard smelt really good, a mixture of the body wash and his cologne. His hair was still wet and when my face brushed up against it, it left water streaks. "What happened?"

Even though I was out of breath and sniffling, somehow I told him. "There-there wa-was a news story. The po-police found Zac-Zacky. Matthew is sti-still out there." He squeezed me tight and I heard him release a heavy sigh.

"It's okay, he won't find you. He's already been here, he didn't find you here, no point in coming back. Matt can't stay hidden forever, he can't call you, you are safe with me." In that moment I did feel safe, wrapped warmly in his arms. A part of me wanted to kiss him but the logical side reminded me he was married. I couldn't ruin the relationship Lindsay and I had started, we were actually becoming friends.

Suddenly another pair of arms were tightly wrapped around me, much smaller arms. "Shiloh, are you okay? Why are you crying?" Gerard let me go to turn and face Bandit. Her eyes showed she was worried, "I made you something."

Lindsay was standing behind Bandit, "she made it all by herself. Thought it would help cheer you up."

Bandit took my hand and started pulling me off the couch. "Come on, let's go." I followed her up the stairs and into her bedroom. Gerard and Lindsay right behind. I could hear Lindsay ask him what happened and he told her what I had said. Then I heard her softly whisper 'that poor girl'.