Chapter Thirty One - The Bitter End

"The man that's behind you."

My hand tightened around the handle of the knife. Slowly I stood up, "Bandit, let's go upstairs. Uncle Mikey is going to take us to his house." I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and swung the knife around fast. However the man was quicker, grabbing my wrists tight and slamming me against the hard basement wall.

The knife fell from my hand and I was face to face with Matthew. An evil smirk across his face, "hello Shiloh, did you miss me? I sure missed you sweetie." He pressed his lips against mine, he was still holding my wrists against the wall. "Bandit? I want you to go upstairs and tell Uncle Mikey to come down here." Bandit nodded and ran upstairs, Matt watched her and turned back to me when she was gone.

"Now, you're going to be a good girl or everyone you care about dies. Understand?"

"Yes." He pulled me away from the wall and pushed me down onto a chair. I let him tie my hands behind my back, nobody else would die because of me. He kissed me again, it was rough, his hand yanking my head back. Matt covered my mouth with duct tape, then disappeared into the shadows, waiting for Mikey.

Soon enough Bandit was racing down the stairs with Mikey behind her. He saw me, ran to me and removed the tape. "Are you okay? Where is he?" Before I could say anything Matt hit Mikey in the head, knocking him out. I watched as he dragged his body to another chair and tied him up.

"Uncle Mikey?" Bandit was staring at him, she couldn't grasp just what was happening.

"Bandit, you're going to go sit upstairs and wait for mommy and daddy to come home. When they get here, you tell them where Mikey and Shiloh are. Understand?"

She nodded, to her this was all a big game. Matt turned to me, "I need to grab something, I'll be back, don't try anything stupid." He followed Bandit upstairs and left me in silence.

Sitting there alone I tried to get my hands free. It didn't feel that tight, my wrists wriggled against the rope. A soft groin came, Mikey was waking up. "Mikey? Mikey, are you okay?"

"I have one hell of a headache but I'm fine. Where is he?"

"He took Bandit upstairs and he said he needed to grab something." I continued to twist and turn my wrists, I swear the rope was loosening. Loud footsteps started to come down the stairs. He saw Mikey was awake, but walked to me with caring eyes.

"Now Shiloh, I know this all seems bad right now but I love you. I'm sorry for everything, I know I've screwed things up big time. There's nothing I can do to take back what I've done, but please say you love me still."

Did I still have any ounce of love for him? I decided I did still love Matthew, not the one who raped me and murdered his friend. My heart still had feelings for the sweet Matthew, the one who bought me flowers. The one who was my first experience with being passionate with. Sadly, I think that Matt was long gone and wasn't, no couldn't come back.

"I don't love you, Matthew you have destroyed any love I had. You need help, this can all end if you just let us go and turn yourself in. Please, if you still love me you would let us go and get help."

Matt's expression changed from caring to hatred. He slapped me hard, it knocked me and the chair over. I could taste blood, I wasn't sure if my lip was cut or if my nose was bleeding.

"Fine, we'll do this the fun way. We're going to wait until Gerard comes home and walks down those stairs."

"What are you going to do when he gets here?" Matt kneeled in front of me so we were face to face.

He said the next thing in a whisper so Mikey wouldn't hear. "Well, you'll get to see Gerard one last time before I kill him right in front of your eyes."