4. HIS Plans + HER Miseries

Manik went to office and there Abhi was busy with the auditors. Abhi noticed him coming but didn't say a word. Manik too started his work and after a hectic day, in the evening, only Abhi and Manik were left.

"Ok Manik...You can leave now..." He said.

"Ok...You won't ask about your sister...how she is and all..." Manik started the conversation before leaving.

Abhi sighed and said "She is your wife more than my sister now..and I don't need to worry about her...she got the love of her life after all...she'll be happy anyways..."

"Kaash....Kaash u made her understand what true love is ,,rather than loving her to no extent...U loved her like more than your child but you failed to make her understand the values of relations...Nevertheless, now it's my duty to make her understand...what love is...how love will be...and that'll be in MY WAY..." Manik answered and left.

Manik's words rang his head for a while but he couldn't imagine what's happening. He chucked his thoughts, prayed for her well-being and left.

Manik came back and he realized that he completely forgot about the position of Nandini since morning. He rushed to the room and saw her sleeping in the same position where he tied.

Hearing the door click, she opened her eyes and tears came out. He untied her and like a reflex action, she hugged him tightly making him shock.

"Please Manik...don't..leave..me..like this..." She could only say this and he understood that she was starving since morning.

He felt something heavy in his left, but gathered himself. He broke the hug, pecked her forehead and said "Freshen up and come.."

Meanwhile, he ordered something and both had dinner silently.

While sleeping, she side hugged him and slept and this time he didn't resist.

"I've to do this.." He said to himself.

Next morning,

By the time Manik woke up, Nandini was nowhere in the room. He went out and saw that she was trying to prepare something. He smirked and went to freshen up.

At breakfast table,

She was nervous remembering the previous day's slap while serving him. He ate a spoon and raised his eye brows in appreciation.

He finished eating without a word and she sighed in relief.

"It's good...I think that slap worked out..." He said and she smiled lightly.

"Well..I'm going to office.." He said and she panicked remembering his arrangements.

"So......chale..." He asked while holding her hand and she was already in tears.

"Manik...please...no...Don't leave me like that...please....I'm scared of being alone in darkness...Bhai never left me like that...please Manik...aap jo bologe mein karoongi...but wo nahi...Please..." She pleaded.

He thanked god that she could find her brother's love in his anger.

"Fine...I won't lock u up...but on one condition..." He said.

"Boliye.." She said wiping her tears.

"You have to wear those jewelery for another fifteen days...day and night..." He said and she nodded her head in yes.

"And what you will do sitting simply...u'll get bored na...So prepare lunch..I'll tell u whether I'll come or not...and then prepare dinner tonight..." He declared.

"But Manik..." She tried to say something.

"Yeah yeah I know...you are still in learning stage of cooking...That's fine...you spoiled breakfast yesterday..and it was better today..right...So ..prepare something...I'll taste it and if it's not good u'll get a reward like yesterday..if it's good,then fine...Ok honey..Take care..." He said and left.