Chapter 16

"Loss does strange things to my family and I have lost a lot of people. I think when I feel things again... I'm going to be very, very afraid of the person I might be."
—Lena Luthor from the Tv series Supergirl

Percy's POV

I walked off, knowing the others will follow.
I mean, they will never give up on me...
...like I would never give up on them.
'Why you believe that I have no idea; they're using you for fame and if you go down, hey go down too' a voice in my head said.
I rolled my eyes as I came to a clearing
"You might as well camp the night here with me if  you're going to stalk me" I said, turning around and smirking.
"Camp half-blood is only-"
"You know I'm mentally unstable at the moment" I said, interrupting Gwen "And I don't think the gods would like it if I killed their children"
I clicked my fingers and 3 small tents appeared.
"One for the boys, one for girls and one for me" I said "I stole the tents from the huntresses; they're bigger on the inside with beds and warm clothes on them"
They nod and quickly went into their tents: Leo, Peter and Jason in the left, Alex, Piper and Gwen in the middle.
But Annabeth stayed out with me.

"Are you okay?" She asked.
"I'm fine" I growled under my breath, walking to my tent.
"Perseus" she said, making me freeze.
I turned around to see her eyes changing slightly red.
"Why would you leave me out in the cold?" She asked teasingly.
I rolled my eyes and kissed her on the forehead, breaking her from going under the venom.
"As much as I want to have a heated night tonight with you babe we both need some sleep" I said, smirking "Nice try though"
"Is this The venom or Percy talking?" She asked as I turned away from her.
I laugh a hollow laugh.
"It's amazing how you talk about the venom being in control" I said "You know how it works Annabeth; it puts thoughts into your head, not control you"
And I walked into my tent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love my tent; it has a special feature that only the tent of Artemis has...
A roof which you can see out of but can't see in.

I love it, I love seeing nature around me.
"Percy?"
I looked out the window to see Gwen in the setting sun light.
What shocked me was that she was glowing?
"Can you hear me?" She asked, snapping me out of my shock.
"Yeah, what's up?" I asked.
"Can I speak to you?" She asked "It's important"
"Sure, come in" I said.
A second later the tent door opens and she gasps at the sight of my tent.
"I love your tent!" She exclaimed.
"The reason you're here?" I asked like a brother would to his sister.
She sighed sadly and flopped onto the bed next to me.
"Have I changed since I 'died'?" She asked suddenly, surprising me.
"Why?" I asked.
"I just feel different" She answered "Like something is wrong with me. Even with or without the spider powers, I felt weird like I'm incomplete in the less cheesiest way"
"It's definitely not about your ex right?" I asked.
She nodded.
"But he has something to do with it because I still don't actually know how I survived still"

'I gasped as tears fell down my face as I jump down to see Gwen.
"Hey, Hey" I said, through the tears, holding her body and cutting the spiderweb "Gwen?"
I notice blood coming out from her nose, making the tears come quicker.
"Hey, Hey!" I yelled "Gwen? Hey!"
I stroked her blonde hair which is turning a red from her blood.
Why didn't I save her quicker?
Why did I let her help me?
"Breathe" I cried, "Hey, Gwen; you're okay, Gwen?"
I started to full on sob.
"Stay with me, stay with me" I yelled "Please stay with me, you stay with me! PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO ME! NO ,PLEASE, I CAN'T DO THIS WITHOUT YOU!"
I killed Gwen Stacy, one of my only good friends'

"-rcy. Peter!" She said, snapping me out of my thoughts.
I looked at her seeing her dyed brown hair and crystal blue eyes.
"Having a flashback?" She whispered, I only nodded.
"It still haunts me" I whispered "I should have saved you faster"
"No Percy" she whispered, hugging me "I was the one who said that I will help you and I knew the risks"
"BUT-"
"No buts" she said, "I knew I died for a reason Percy, don't let it be in vain"
I nodded slowly.
"I just don't want anything like that to happen again" I muttered, thinking about Annabeth.
"You thinking about Annabeth aren't you?" Gwen asked, shocking me.
"How did you-"
"I am a girl" Gwen said "I know these things; she is pretty capable of saving herself but just like humans she would need saving which you're always there to save her"
"What if I stuff up?" I asked, my voice cracking "Like with you?"
She sighed.
"Percy, you wouldn't stuff up; I know you wouldn't. Now,
I think we both need to sleep"
And she walked out; leaving me to stare at the setting sun.

Gwen's POV
I went into our tent which is not near as good as Percy's.

As soon as I walked in I knew something was up; Annabeth was death glaring me, Piper comforting her on the bottom left bunk and Alex is calmly reading on the top right bunk

"HOW DARE YOU?" Piper yelled, making me flinch.
"What did I do?" I asked, confused.
"You know what you did" Annabeth said, her eyes flashing red.
"Apparently you were making out with Percy in his tent before" Alex said, closing her book which looked like 'Clockwork Princesses'.
"I was in his tent but I would never kiss him Annabeth" I said, sitting on the chair at the table "He's like a brother to me and I was asking him something that came to my mind"
"What, you confessing your feelings to him?" She asked.
I shake my head.
"No" I said "I only see him as a brother like he sees me as a sister; he loves you Annabeth"
"I don't think so anymore" She muttered.
"I went in there to talk to him about a personal issue but then he started having a flashback about when I..." I stopped "died and then he said that he doesn't want anything like that to happen to you"
"Why would I believe you?" She asked coldly "You've been 'friends' with him when he could have been with me!"
"Annabeth!" I shouted, standing up "I don't know what that venom is saying to you but Percy loves you!"
"I know he loves me" she muttered "But he loves you more"
I gasp.
"Piper, please talk some sense into her" I said.
"She does have a point" Piper said.
I looked at Alex who shrugged.
"I'm not apart of this" she said and continued reading the book.
"You know what fine!" I said "If you want Percy to 'hate' me so bad I'll just kill myself to keep you happy, ha?"
"Gwen!" Piper exclaimed as Annabeth muttered "Good"
I growled.
Everyone but me looked at Annabeth shocked.
"I think I might leave" I said "Maybe that will help you're little demon in your head Annabeth, Percy will be ashamed of you!"
And I ran out the tent to only bump into Percy himself.

"Hey Percy" I said shyly "I'm just gonna go-"
"No you're not" He said, grabbing my arm "You tell me what happened in there"
"Nothing happened; I just didn't feel comfortable in there so I'm going to see the sunset" I lied.
He rose an eyebrow.
"It's twilight now" He said, "And you look like you're about to burst with anger"
"Percy, this is not a good idea" I said, ripping my arm from his hand painfully.
"Why?" He asked.
"How dumb can you get?" I asked angrily "I-"
"Gwen" he said "Annabeth said something, didn't see?"
I nodded.
"Its fine though-"
"-apart from when she said you should kill yourself!" He exclaimed.
"You heard that?" I asked.
"Living in Tartarus means you always have to be alert and while thinking I overheard the conversation" Percy said.
"It's fin-"
"It's not fine Gwen dam it!" He exclaimed "Annabeth is letting her demon win, this is bad!"
"Percy, calm down" I said "She isn't thinking clearly; lets see what happens in the morning okay?"
He nods.
"Night" I said, giving him a quick hug.
"Night Gwen" he muttered and he walked back to his tent.
I sighed, looking at the moon which is shining brightly down on me;
"How can you see into my eyes, like open doors?" I sung softly "Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb, without a soul. My spirit's sleeping somewhere cold until you find it there and lead it back home"