Chapter 9: For Nothing

Levi spent part of that night cuddling Eren. At least for half an hour of it. In the moment he felt like shouting a cry of victory, but he held back so he wouldn't frighten the teenager that was curled up in his lap like an adorable puppy.

Despite feeling happy with himself for this achievement of being able to hold the one he cares about most in his arms, Levi absolutely despised the fluttery feeling he got in the pit of his stomach. Lately it hasn't been a shock since he pretty much gets the feeling whenever he's with the Jaegerbrat. Still, it feels uncomfortable.

Currently,  Levi sits in a chair by Eren's bedside. Eren had fallen asleep against Levi out under the moonlight, so it felt only right for the man to escort the tired boy back to his room. Levi had stripped him of his female clothes and helped the barely awake boy to change into a shirt and sweats, then Levi put him to bed, and has stayed since, watching over him like an angel. Levi wants to make sure that until tomorrow, no horses come in.

He keeps an eye on the teen who has crashed into a deep slumber. Levi sighs and pats Eren's hair, the softness soothing his fingertips.

"Hmm... you're too adorable for your own good." Levi says quietly. He wraps his fingers around the strands, each gentle stroke being encouraged by the softness to sweep through his hair again.
"What do couples do, Eren?" The man asks the sleeping boy. "They cuddle. They kiss, go on dates and... other things..." he chuckles lightly at the last few words and then sighs frowning again. "Things I want to do with you, Eren. Things I want, but yet I can't seem to achieve that. Everything I do seems to make you cry. Emotional brat."

He scans over the sleeping teen and takes the chance to really take in his beautiful features. His eyes that are closed gently and his hair softly brushing his forehead. The boy looks appealing even when he's in slumberville. Even with his mouth open, drooling lightly. Levi leans closer to Eren and wipes the slither of saliva away and continues to pat his soft brown locks.

"What can I do, huh?" He asks. "How do people get into a relationship? How do I make you mine?" Levi sighs and takes his leave.

"I need better advice."

~~

"I think you should totally give him a strip tease." Sasha suggests to Eren with a giggle. The answer becomes a definite no. Eren does not have the confidence, let alone the knowledge of how to do that. He doesn't want to learn anytime soon either. Sasha sighs and turns to Connie who hums in thought as well.
Sasha perks up again. "Oh! Challenge him to a duel!"

"Are you crazy?! He'll kill me." Eren shouts. Armin who sits on the floor hums in agreement. Eren would most likely die should he and Levi ever fight. Even with Eren's titan form.

Sasha waves them off and leans against Mikasa's bed post with a sigh. "If Jean was here, we could ask him. He's always been good with romance."

Eren shuffles in discomfort at the mention of his attacker. Captain Levi had approached the 104th class and explained that Jean would be leaving for quite a long time. However, he didn't specify where or why. For Eren he wouldn't have to, since he is very aware of the answers.

Sasha ruffles her ponytail slipping her hand between the brown locks before huffing with a frown. "Man, I'm starving! When is dinner?" She groans. Mikasa, who sits quietly sharpening a knife throws the hungry girl an apple and Sasha's eyes light up. "Thanks Mikasa! You're the best!" She praises.

Mikasa only grunts and stares at her friends that are spread out in the room. Eren on the bed hugging a pillow in doubt, Sasha standing and eating monstrously at the Apple.  Armin is on the floor reading a book and Connie stares wistfully out the window in deep thought. The Ackerman puts away her knife and stares at her brunette, male friend.