Work

Camden's POV

As I put my clothes on in the living room I felt as if I was being watched, but by whom?

I turned around to see the man that my mum had brought home last night.

He was looking at me up and down and I felt very uncomfortable. I was only wearing my shirt pulling my jeans up.

I quickly finished getting dressed and grabbed my things then leaving.

As I walked to the bus stop all that was going through my mind was how that man looked at me. Like he was going to take advantage of me if I wouldn't have left.

I was scarred.

I am scarred.

I stood there waiting for the bus holding my jacket tight to my body as the wind brushed my face.

I entered the bus paying the driver and we were off.

Once I got to the right stop I thanked the driver and got off.

I was still thinking about that man in my house. How he looked at me. How his eyes burned into my skin.

He looked at me like I was something to own. Like I wasn't even human, only something to fuck.

I walked into the diner and I was the first to get there like always.

The people from the night shift left and I set up from the previous shift.

I sat behind the counter starting a pot of coffee and wiping off the counter.

I set the tables by flipping the chairs into place and wiping the tables down.

Once I finished setting the tables I looked at the time and the others shift started in 10 minutes. I got back behind the counter and waited for our first customer.

It had been about 30 minutes of me standing here and the rest of the staff arrived. The cook got here and the other waitresses.

About 20 minutes into my shift and we had 20 costumers.

Well I guess I was just lucky because I got to leave.

I took my apron off and I took my hair out of the bun I had put it in earlier. I put my jacket back on and I started my way to hell.