Chapter 24

a.n. update: I AM ALIVE btw I recommend re reading chapter 22 & the actual 23 so you wont get confused with my April fools prank.

a good song to listen to with this chapter is [mist - ateez]

enjoy :)

The teams went their separate ways, most of them in shock of what had just happened.

Seirin would be going against Yosen next. The team knew that there was no chance Shiina would be coming back to help them. She was probably in critical condition after all that.

They would need to win this one on their own.

They headed back to their waiting room in deathly silence.

"Pernicious anaemia and cardiomyopathy..." Riko sighed.

"Don't blame yourself for not noticing, none of us did, and I'm pretty sure Kuroko had no idea as well."

They entered the room as the match between Shiratorizawa and Aoba Johsai was announced to start, and took a seat, wandering what would happen now. Could they win Yosen on their own? The odds were originally highly stacked against them but now it felt like their chance of winning was close to zero.

Just then, Aomine and Kise showed up at the door, they entered without bothering to knock. Aomine had his fists clenched and a deep frown on his face while the usually playful Kise looked painfully serious.

"Wha-what do you gu-guys want? A f-fight?" Koganei stuttered.

"We're heading to the hospital because, well, we lost to you guys so there's no more matches for us anymore. I thought I should probably ask if you guys wanted to come along." Kise explained.

The team looked at each other and nodded in response to the blonde's offer.

"Let's go then." Aomine grunted, turning away and striding towards the exit of the stadium.

The rest of the Seirin team quickly put on their jackets and changed into their outdoor shoes, running to catchup with the other two.

"I wonder if the teammate that Aomine-san beat up is okay." Kagami muttered to Hyuga.

Hyuga sent the tall male a look and Kagami simply shut up. Man he missed having the Kuroko twins entertain him.

As they arrived at the open space outside the stadium, they saw Kise and Aomine talking to Akashi and the rest of the miracles.

The Seirin team began to feel extremely intimidated walking up to the Emperor of the courts himself, from what the Kuroko twins have said, Akashi Seijuro was essentially a nice guy, but he does have his quirks that made him a scary person.

Akashi sent a fleeting glare in the direction of the team as they approached, but he couldn't blame them for he was aware that Shiina had unparalleled skills when it came to hiding things from her close friends and even family.

-

When the group arrived at the hospital, they headed over to the wing where Kuroko said he was at. Aomine had called ahead and asked his former shadow of his whereabouts and the condition of the girl.