Chapter 9

Two wonderful readers chose Akashi Seijuro.

**Edit: THREE wonderful readers. I just found out how to dedicate this.

Third Person POV

"An honour to have you as my opponent," she smirked, "Sei-chan."

If the small girl had been exerting a lot of pressure on the court, this boy would be just like godzilla sitting on an ant.

The red-haired boy gave off the vibes of an unstoppable force, which was obvious since he's a strong Miracle.

The five boys moved to the sidelines and watched the one-on-one happen before them.

One profound Miracle, and one astonishing ability.

"Let's make this interesting. If I score a goal, you answer one question from me. If you score a goal, you can ask for anything you want."

"Then you better be prepared to owe me a few hundred debts." she laughed.

"How I've missed that laugh." he thought.

"And you'd better be ready to give me a few answers."

With that, they began.

Bringing out his Emperor Eye, Akashi Seijuro managed to score the first goal.

"Alright, how have you been?"

Shiina was surprised he'd start small. She thought he would jump into the big accusing questions.

"Fine, came back from London good and well."

As she replied him, she mimicked his signature ankle break. It wasn't enough to make the mighty king fall, but he did lose his balance for awhile.

This gave a chance for the small girl to shoot and make the basket.

"Why are you in Tokyo, Sei-chan?"

He picked up the ball and started dribbling, continuing the game.

"Came to see if Daiki was joking about your return although I am a little late."

"Why would you--"

"Hey hey, one question per basket."

Jumping and dunking into the hoop, he turned and faced her.

"How are you?"

"I answered that, I'm grea--"

"I meant..." he gestured to her, "you did swear off basketball when you left."

"Oh...just practicing..."

"For the fall tournament? Are you playing for Seirin?"

"That's three questions, Sei-chan. I'm afraid I can't answer them." she laughed.

The game continued with them each taking turns on scoring a goal.

Laughter escaped from both of them.

That's when she realised something and stopped.

"How...how am I playing with such carefree attitude...how am I not becoming a monster like I was against those guys...how are you going so easy on me?"

He froze as well, dropping the ball.

"You're right. How can we be having fun." his voice changed.

From that cheerful and light tone of happiness from being reunited with his friend, it became the tone of someone going to war, it lost all of its emotions and his eyes narrowed.

"I taught you that life and basketball don't mix. I taught you that whenever you're on the court you must give 150% or more. I taught you to crush your opponents. But you're not doing it."

The genuine happiness she felt when she saw Akashi drained from her. His words burned inside her heart and soul, reminding her of what basketball brings.

"You have failed me, and I haven't taught you well enough," he picked up the ball and shot it into the goal, "I win, and I'll teach you your final lesson of what happens when you lose in an actual match when we face each other in the Fall tournament..."

"...Tetshiina"

Sei-chan is absolute. However, today's match will be the last time I lose to him. Definitely.

sooo that was...tense...phew...LAST OF THE FILLER GUYS! YAY!

so err I'm actually not so confident about this book err Im really starting to think that writing isn't for me...

I'll try to continue but please know that the storyline might suck.

Thank you for your support.

xoxo