Chapter 22

Aomine Daiki, otherwise known as the Ace of Touou Academy.

Versus.

Midorima Shintarou, the Ace of Shutoku.

They were both from the Generation of Miracles, and both adored Shiina very much.

The match began, and the players dashed towards the ball, neither side wanting to lose.

As the crowds cheer at Aomine's one-man alley-oop, he smirks and thinks back to how he learned of this move.

It was a cool spring day, the then fourteen year old gang were hanging out together at the public court when suddenly, Aomine challenged Shiina to a one-on-one.

She accepted gaily, it was always fun to play with Aomine.

The game ensued and Shiina shot the ball. But in an attempt to be fast, she miscalculated and threw with too little strength.

However, she was not going to let herself miss. She sprinted towards the hoop and jumped, just in time to push the ball into the net.

"Woah! That's so cool!" Aomine complimented, having never seen an alley-oop before.

"Really?"

"Yeah! How did you do it?"

"I'll teach you!"

Aomine gave it a go, tweaking it with his trademark formless shot.

Midorima had no intentions of losing either.

He remembered how hard he was practicing to get in his shots from half court, and they never actually made it.

He had initially thought the problem was with his strength until Shiina had come along and suggested he threw the ball with a higher arc.

It took him awhile to understand and practice it correctly, but once he did, he was unstoppable.

He honed his skills so he would be able to shoot the length of the full court when Shiina was gone, determined to show her that she had done something for the team she could be proud of.

He was going to show her now.

The ball swooshed into the net from the other side of the court, bringing Shutoku up by three points.

Aomine clicked his tongue, knowing it would be a tough fight.

>>Time Skip>>

The buzzer sounded as the game ended.

132-134

Touou had won.

Shiina released a breath up in the waiting room. The last few minutes of the game had been tense.

There was never a clear sign as to who was winning. It was a matter of speed for the last goal, and of course, Daiki was faster.

"Touou will be proceeding to their next match against Seirin at two a.m."

;

"Alright, it's time for our match against Touou. Lets not let what happened at the Interhigh repeat itself." Jumpei instructs.

Both teams headed down to the courts for warm ups. Then, the match began.

"No one can beat me, but me." Aomine says to Shiina.

"No one can beat you, but me." Shiina retorts, determined to win.

"Touou versus Seirin!" the whistle sounded and the crowds cheered.

>>>

By the end of the third quarter, the score was 113-109, Touou in the lead.

The teams sat on the benches panting.

Shiina had her eyes closed as she wiped her sweat.

"It's happening again." she thought.

Her legs felt numb and her fingers were starting to feel swollen and weak.

She opened her eyes and looked around the spectators, hoping to spot her doctor amongst the crowd.

She gave up after awhile, thinking that she should be able to last through the game.

"I only have to wait till the game is over," she thought, "then I'll be fine."

The break ended and the teams gathered on the court again.

She winced a little as she stood up and pain shot through her head, but brushed it off and walked towards her position.

"Four points...only two shots behind them in the last ten minutes."

The whistle was blown as the game started with the tip off.

By a miracle somehow, Kagami gets the ball and passes it to Kuroko easily.

Kuroko then passes to Izuki who passes to Jumpei who scores a goal.

Two more points to a tie, eight minutes on the clock.

Both teams continued fighting for the ball, with it being snatched from one player to another.

Kagami somehow gets a hold of the orange ball, but gets marked by three of the defenders from Touou. He throws the ball to Kuroko who quickly passes to Mitobe for him to score another two points.

They were now at a tie of 93 points, four minutes left on the clock.

Touou and Seirin battled it out, both not willing to lose.

Then, it happened.

Shiina, managing to get the ball, jumps and shoots for a three pointer, when a defender from Touou crashes into her in attempt to steal the ball.

The ball made a smooth arc, bounced twice on the hoop and then falls into the basket, as the small girl falls onto the floor.

Everyone stood, watching with shock and horror as the blue haired girl lay unmoving.

The buzzer sounded along with a few voices, their desperate screams echoing around the stadium, "Shiina!"

-

don't kill me pls

xoxo