MISTAKES.

||IVY||

MISTAKES always happen, and when they do, some are meant to be kept to yourself.

"It's happening!" I say excitedly as I fix up my makeup and I look around the room to see the rest of the bridesmaids getting ready.

"I know!!!" Emory says happily. I then smile back at her and check my phone and see that I have a text from the bride to go into her room.

"I'll be right back." I tell Emory as she nods her head and I walk out of the room and walk over to Steph's room where she's getting ready.

"Steph? It's me." I say as I knock on her door. I then hear shuffling and the door then opens to reveal my beautiful best friend.

"You look beautiful!" I tell her as I step into the room and shut the door behind me.

"Says you! Look at you, you look hot!" Steph tells me and I laugh.

"thank, you

"thank, you." I start and I fix my choker.

"But today is your day, not me. How are you feeling?" I ask her as I found a bottle of wine and I pour a bit into my glass and an extra one for Steph.

"I feel nervous, but I'm so happy. Mitch has always been the one." She tells me and I hand her the glass and I take a sip from mine.

"I'd never think this day would come, where my little Mitch is finally able to settle down and marry the girl of his dreams." I tell her as we both take a seat on the couch.

"I guess he was a little bit of nerd." Steph says giggling.

"A little? You mean a lot." I tell her making her laugh even more.

"Yeah, he was a loser." She starts.

"And still is one." I finish.

"Wow, were adults now. We're having a conversation over wine." Steph says and I sigh.

"What have we become?" I ask her jokingly.

Just then, we hear a knock at the door. I then bring my wine glass along with me and I open the door to see Auston at the door.

"Sorry to interupt, but I would like to see my girlfriend for a bit." Auston says as he puts his arm around my waist and turns me to face Steph.

"Go ahead, I'll see you guys later." Steph says smiling at her as I wave her bye and close the door.

"So, what do you need?" I ask him.

"I need your help with Mitch." Ausoton starts as he grabs my hand and leads me to Mitch's room.

"Why what's going on?" I ask him.

"Well, you can see for yourself." Auston says as he opens the door to reveal an empty room.

"There's nothing here." I say as I put my wine glass down on a near by table and turn around to face Auston.

"Yeah, that's the thing. I don't know where Mitch is." Auston says rubbing the back of his neck.

"What!?" I ask panicking.

"No one has seen him in the past hour!" Auston says and I place my hands on the top of my head.

"Fuck, where can he be?" I ask as I run my hands threw my hair.

"Guys, i'm right here." Mitch says as he walks into the room from the hall all sweaty and in gym clothes.

""What are you doing? The wedding is in an hour!"I yell at him as I pull him and Auston into the room.

"What? The wedding is today? I though it was tomorrow!" Mitch says panicking and I roll my eyes.

"Bro, are you dumb? Did you really forget your own wedding?" Auston asks as Mitch runs to the washroom and starts to remove his clothes and hops into the shower.

"Where were you anyways?" I ask him through the door.

"I was at the gym!" Mitch says as I hear the shower turn on.

"You better not do this to me on our wedding day." I tell Auston as I take a seat on the bed.

"Awe, you wanna marry me?" Auston asks me and I roll my eyes.

"Of course I do asshole." I tell him as he then takes a seat beside me and Kisses my temple.

"Who wouldn't." Auston says and I roll my eyes.

"Don't be to cocky." I tell him.

After a few more minutes, Mitch is finally out of the shower and is dping his hair.

"Where's your suit Mitch?" I ask him as I pull out his dress shoes from his suitcase.

"It's in the closet!" Mitch says back as Auston then goes to the closet, gets the suit and lays it out on the bed and I place the shoes beside it.

"Okay, look away I'm gonna change." Mitch says as Auston and I walk into the washroom as he walks out to change.

"He better change quick, we got just over thirty minutes before the wedding." Auston says and I nod.

"Hurry up man!" I yell through he door to him.

"Okay, you can come out!" Mitch says as I see him in his pants and dress shirt.

"Hurry up and put on your jacket!" I tell him.

"Okay, but I need help with my tie!" He tells me and I roll my eyes.

"Are you serious? Don't you wear suits a lot because of games?" I ask him as I grab his black tie and wrap it around his neck as i tie it to perfection.

"I do, it's just that Steph alwasy does it perfect and I do it to lose." He tells me as He adjusts his sleeves and then slips on a watch.

"Are we good?" Auston asks as Mitch then slips on his shoes and ties them quick.

"Yeah, let's go!" Mitch says as him and Auston walk out the door with me behind them.

"Okay, i'll meet you guys down there!" I say as Auston gives me a quick kiss and the two start jogging down the hall and make their way down to the venue outside.

"Mitch is so lucky." I say as I then turn around to see Steph right behind me.

"Lucky, why?" She asks me and my eyes go wide.

"Oh, um because he almost fell when he was getting ready." I tell her laughing.

"Did he just get ready now? He should have been down at the venue a while ago." Steph says starting to get panicked.

"Yeah he is down there, Auston sent me a snapcaht." I tell her lying and she nods her head.

"Well, we better get going!" I tell her as we then make our way to the lobby and I make a mental note that Mitch owes me big time.