|Never|

*For BeautifulMax2001*

Max gasped as she jolted awake, her painted fingers clutching at her chest as she let out labored breaths

Max gasped as she jolted awake, her painted fingers clutching at her chest as she let out labored breaths. The images of her nightmare played over and over again in her mind as she attempted to calm her racing heart, tears spilling out of her eyes and down her cheeks.

"Hey, hey," Isaac murmured as he sat up beside his girlfriend, gently tugging her into his arms and rocking her gently. "It's okay. I'm right here."

Max buried her face into the crook of his neck as she curled into his lap, gently gripping his shirt between her fingers. "I - I - God, it was so real.." she whimpered, gripping at his shirt collar to ground herself.

"I know," Isaac cooed, gently rocking his girlfriend back and forth in an attempt to calm her. "I know, baby. But it's not. You're okay. I've got you."

Max let out a shaky sigh against his skin, her warm breath causing goosebumps to form on him. "I'm sorry.."

"Shh, don't apologize. It's not a problem at all, my love." Isaac murmured into her hair, pressing his lips against the top of her head. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Max winced at the question, whimpering again as she shook her head furiously. "No. No." She whispered fiercely.

"Shh, okay, okay.." Isaac cooed, gently brushing his hand through her thick hair. "It's okay. I'm here. Nothing is going to happen to you, okay? Not while I'm here."

Max gripped his shirt tighter between her fingers, her face contracting as she let out a soft sob. "Please don't leave me.." she whispered, hating herself for how desperate the words came out.

"Never." Isaac whispered, pulling her closer and resting his chin on the top of her head. "Never in a million years." He promised, peppering gentle kisses to her face.

Max closed her eyes and let herself become blanketed in comfort from his touch. "I love you," she whispered. "I love you so much."

"I love you more," Isaac whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. "More than you will ever know."

Max sighed in his comforting embrace, resting her head against his shoulder and letting her eyes fall to a close. "Thank you."

"Always." Isaac whispered, nuzzling his nose into her hair. "Always."

A/N- So this is definitely a lot different than the request I got, but I really didn't know how to write the other one and I didn't want to disappoint. So I gave this one a go. I hope you enjoyed! I love you guys so much! ❤️ ~Hayden

-Requests are closed-