Scent of Nightshades (Veezara x Breton reader)

Hope you like it ReverseCassette

It was a warm night in Falkreath. Well, as far as warm can be in Skyrim. There was no snow, but there wasn't Aurora Borealis in the sky, showing it's full glory.

Y/N often wondered if those lights are actually the walls of Sovngarde. Or the Void. But she doubted Sithis rules in such wonderous world.

Whole Dark Brothethood gathered in the main hall. They were eating Nazir's cooking, telling stories, tales, laughing and enjoying like one big happy family. Not like some gang full of sadistic psychopaths.

Y/N felt dizzy. She drank a bit too much mead. She decided to go on a walk or just to get outside the Sanctuary and inhale some fresh air. She didn't notice how someone followed her so she winced when she heard that raspy yet silky voice.

"Y/N? Everything's all right?"

Veezara's voice had a hint of worriness. Y/N relaxed after she saw familiar two yellow orbs shining.

"Yes, of course. I just wanted to breathe some fresh air. That's all."

She said and continued gazing at the stars through the tall pine trees. She was sitting on some cliff, close to the Sanctuary and the main road. It was late so there should not be and travelers on the road. And wolves never really liked to go that near the road.

"May I join in star-gazing?"

"Why do you even ask? Come here."

Y/N said. Well, it was obvious she had some problem with holding her tongue. Once she drank too much, she couldn't stop talking.

"You know, you look beautiful on the moonlight."

Veezara said. Y/N blushed. Some was caused by mead and some by Veezara's generous compliment.

"Well, thank you. You don't look bad too, Greeny."

"Oh? Now I'm Greeny?"

"Does Lizard sounds better to you? Or Shiny Scale? Perhaps, Horny-Scale...or-"

"Greeny is just fine."

"I bet it is."

Y/N had to ask herself, did Veezara drank also too much? She didn't have any other explenation for his comment. Maybe it wasn't nothing at all, but it still kept her head full of thoughts and teories.

She turned her gaze toward Veezara who was now sitting next to her, drinking the rest of the liquid inside the tankard he held. His scales now seemed blue and his eyes green.

Y/N noticed three long scars spreading over his left side of face. Before she could stop herself, she reached for his left cheek and carressed it. It felt strange, yet nice. Those scales were like bug's shell. But those scars seemed like three tunnels that shouldn't be there.

"Poor, Lizzy...How did you get those?"

Y/N asked. It seemed a bit funny to Veezara, the way she used words though she was completley serious right now. Perhaps, even sad.

Veezara touched her hand. It was so soft. Like eagle's feathers. He like that feeling. A lot.

"I am born under the sign of Shadow, you see. I was trained to be an assassin since I hatched. Served for the king of the Black Marsh. I suppose I am the last of my order now. One of those mission included killing a crazy nobleman. He was a passionate hunter and drunkard. Mixture of those two together is always fatal. I broke into his house. For a few moments, everyrhing seemed fine. And then, a giant Sabre Cat attacked me. I was so terrfied I was frozen in place for a few moments. That's when the beast used the chance to cut me. Luckly, I managed to kill it but didn't complete the contract. I was banished from the Black Marsh and ran away to Skyrim. After three days I heard the news my king was killed and Shadowscale order slaughtered. I can only thank Sithis for those three claws on my face."

"Impressive story. I am glad you are here with Dark Brotherhood, with us."

"Thank you, Y/N."

He said and looked Y/N directly into her mesmerizing eyes.

"You know, I never heard your story, Y/N."

Veezara said. Y/N sighed.

"Mine? Oh, there's no much to hear."

"I want to hear it."

"It's not interesting."

"Niether are my scars. Com'on, tell me."

Veezara convinced her. He smiled and that made her weak. His voice was warm and soothing.

"I was born in High Rock. My both parents were tailors, but they knew some little facts about magic. They wanted the best for me so they sent me in Skyrim where I enrolled the College of Winterhold. But magic, spells, alchemy, enchanting...I wasn't interested in that. It wasn't something I wanted. I used to wander around forbbiden passages below the College. And I was caught by one of the mages one day. He tried to kill me, but I managed to do that first. I took his life without a flinch. It was a self-defense. But I couldn't prove that so I was considered guilty. I was kicked out of the College and sent to prison. But instead of that, I ended up on the list for execution in Helgen. Only Sithis could have sent that dragon. I escaped and had a chance to start from new life. But it wasn't enough. My anger was still burning inside my heart. I returned to the College and sent them all to Sovngarde."

Y/N finished her story. Even now, years after that incident, she didn't feel pity for them. She wasn't that kind of person. Virtue for Dark Brotherhood, flaw for everything else.

"I always knew people shouldn't mess with you. But honestly, I cannot imagine you that mad. I think you would look so cute I would have to kiss those reddish cheeks."

"Watch your tongue, Veezy. I might cut it off."

"Veezy? May I start with the nicknames?"

"No."

Y/N said. Veezara sighed and chuckled. He concetrated on the sounds of night. Owls were singing their love songs, wolves were howling wanting to take a bite of thag cheesy moon, mudcrabs were crackling with their tongs. Beautiful night simphony.

"Do you hear that?"

He asked. Y/N was confused. Was there some danger? Some bandits? She would gladly kick their asses for ruining the moment.

"What?"

"Those sounds of night?"

Y/N could her that too, now. It was beautiful. Rythim of nature.

"Care for a dance?"

Veezara offered her hand. Y/N was surprised by this act. She gladly accepted his hand.

And they danced. They danced for the entire night, until the dawn. Until the Sun tickled their noses.

"I have a feeling you don't trust me when I say you are beatiful, Y/N."

Veezara said through her hair. He put his nose into her hair that had a scent of Nightshades and Deathbells. His breathe tickled Y/N's neck.

"I don't."

"Why?"

"Because you probably drank too much and you are just playing."

"I am completely sober. Unless you mean like drunk of your beauty?"

"Stop it."

Y/N giggled as Veezara inhaled the scent of her hair one more time. He smiled and cupped her face. Under this light, light of the moon, her face seemed like it's not real. It was shining like a flawless sapphire. Her eyes were like Azura's star and her hair like the fur of Vale Saber Cat. She was magical being. Something beyond his reach. Divine.

"Trust me..."

He said and without waiting her response, kissed her. She was so shocked and surprised by his act that she just stood there for a few moments, frozen like statue.

But she trusted him. So she relaxed and returned the kiss. And that is when a wave of happiness and love filled her ribcage. And that emotion of belonging. Like she was at home. Like she belonged there, in Veezara's embrace.

"I love you."

Veezara said. Y/N looked at his face, deep into his yellow eyes.

"I love you too."