Epilogue

[Song: Wanted by Hunter Hayes]

As if on cue, the music ceased. The people dancing in the middle of the ballroom formed a circle, leaving you and Karma in the middle.

Time has stopped, as the both of you looked into each other's eyes. Everything was in slow motion, yet the only thing you could see was Karma Akabane — the only person you've ever learned to trust and love.

Fate was truly playful, making your paths cross like a once in a lifetime chance and you both chose to grab it.

Karma sighed all of his nervousness and held both of your hands in his.

You know I'd fall apart without you
I don't know how you do what you do

"Y/n… a lot has happened since we both met."

Like losing your breath at the last moment of your life, everything was playing like a film reel.

From the moment you were betrayed and transferred. To the moment when you met Karma.

Cuz everything that don't makes sense about me
Makes sense when I'm with you

"At first you've annoyed me a lot, you took advantage of my weaknesses a lot."

That blackmailing thing didn't do much to Karma. It was supposed to be your ticket to stealing his heart and yet… here you are. Waiting for your heart to be taken away.

Like everything that's green, girl, I need you
But it's more than one and one makes two

"We argued a lot, and competed with each other a lot. — We had a lot of opposite sides."

You almost laughed at that thought as you remembered arguing about which one of Korosensei's weaknesses should you use against him. Sadly, it didn't ended up well and trapped you both in the storage room instead.

Let's put aside the math and the logic of it
You gotta know you want it, too

"But I realized that even if you were gone for a second,"

Your mind recalled the painful scene from the cliff. True, Karma's words left a sting inside your chest. But that was history, and the fact that his intention was to show you how much he didn't want you to leave made you cherish that moment.

Cuz I wanna wrap you up
Wanna kiss your lips
I wanna make you feel wanted

"…I'll miss you a lot and I'll feel incomplete."

Damn Karma, stop this or I'll kiss you. Your heart was skipping beats and you're questioning of that's a good sign since you're aware that it's not.

I wanna call you mine
Wanna hold your hand forever
Never let you forget it
Baby I, I wanna make you feel wanted

"That day I also realized that… I wanted you a lot and… I love you a lot, you idiot."

You raised your eyebrow at this. But if you were an idiot for not realizing how much this redhead loved you, you were sure you earned that title already.