★ Chapter 16: Plan ★

Start from the beginning

"a d-date?" He murmured loudly.

"Yes. A date. What's wrong with that?"

"i..... i have never been in a date before... i mean, i do realize i've taken frisk twice already to two dinning places, but it never was considered a d-date" he said.

"It'll be fun, come on!"

Sans sighed in defeat.

"okay you win. where and when will we go, at what time?"

"My house. Tomorrow. 7:30 p.m"

"ok"

"We should really get back to work" Grillby said.

"yup" Sans replied, nodding in agreement.

After Grillby entered the kitchen, Sans groaned as he held his skull due to his throbbing pain increasing.

it's just a headache, no big deal.

—•ღ•—

A few hours had passed by.

Though the afternoon was coming to its end, the bar wouldn't be closing until midnight today.

Just when Sans was about to take a seat on his normal stool due to the lack of customers at that time since dinning hour was over, an unwelcomed person entered the bar.

Sans stood up defensively.

His eyes went completely black for a few seconds.

Plan starts now, he thought.

He and Grillby had decided to talk about how they were going to deal with Christopher after all if he came back.

"what do you want."

"Oh! Since you work until midnight today, I, decided to come to you myself~ Meet me at the back of the bar where that bartender won't pester us in five minutes. I'll be waiting, don't be late" Chris said, walking out of the bar and disappearing into the darkness of the outside.

Sans discretely rushed over to the counter and gave Grillby the signal; a wink, before taking off his apron and walking out of the bar.

Grillby quickly took off his apron and set it on the counter.

"Red, take care of the bar for a moment please."

Red was a short, feathery, really intelligent bird.

He was a regular, one of Grillby's best friends since way back then when they were still stuck in the Underground.

They were probably like brothers at this point.

They knew each other very well, to the point were Grillby didn't even have to speak for Red to know what he wanted to say.

Only Red knew some secrets about Grillby.

He knew the bartender hated talking, that his voice was one of his biggest insecurities.

English wasn't his main language, flame monsters can speak in their own language from birth so throughout their childhood, they had to learn to speak English.

Only Red had taken his time to learn the basics of his native language.

Red nodded.

Grillby smiled at him with a thankful grin and entered the kitchen.

Just as Grillby was about to grab his phone, he heard an argument stuck right outside the door of the kitchen.

It sounded like Red and another strange voice.

The stranger's voice was deep, and masculine; sounded very tough.

Grillby turned around to go check what was happening.

"Red, what's gong on?-" he spoke with annoyance.

However, something unexpected occurred.

A tall, broad figure stood there at the doorway waiting for him with their hands clenched into fists.

Before Grillby could even react, or at least even look at the stranger's face, he felt a sharp hit in the face.

Grillby stumbled back and fell down onto the tiled floor.

Everything blacked out.

—•ღ•—

Sans was outside with Christopher, arguing as always.

Where was Grillby by now?

Where were the authorities he was supposed to have called already like five minutes ago?

Sans began to feel worried.

Christopher's phone vibrated to a message sent by a phone number Sans had never seen.

Chris took a step back and read the message.

He looked pissed.

The furious human threw his phone to the ground and grabbed Sans by the shoulders, smashing him against the wall with a crushing sound against the bricks.

"Explain! What were you planning!?" he shouted right at Sans' face.

Sans began feeling anxious but refused to show that emotion in front of Chris.

What was going on?

Where was Grillby!?

"explain what?" Sans calmly asked, playing innocent.

Chris tightened his grip on Sans' shoulders to the point where a cracking sound was heard.

Sans let out a whine at the excruciating pain on his shoulders.

"Explain what was supposed to happen tonight! Why was that bartender calling 9-1-1!? And why was he out of his shift!?" Chris shouted.

Sans stayed quiet for a few seconds.

Where was Grillby...

"i don't know. maybe he just saw you and knew you were a psychotic rapist. i mean, i don't blame him. you do look like one. oh, did i forget to mention you also look like a douchebag?" Sans spoke up, kicking Chris in the balls with full strength.

Chris fell to the ground and groaned in pain.

"Hehehe. You'll regret that, love" he laughed maniacally.

Sans was about to make a run for it but suddenly, a wide, tall, man in black stood ahead of him.

The tall figure was about to grab Sans by his white, button up formal shirt, but Sans dodged instantaneously and turned around to run away, acknowledging the fact that this man was much physically stronger than him.

Chris stood there, blocking the way to escape, grinning victorious.

Chris rapidly wrapped an arm around Sans and sedated him.

Everything happened too fast.

Had he had his magic at full capacity and this would have never happened.

Sans tried desperately to get out of Chris's grip but failed as the world around him began blacking out.

The last thing he heard, was Chris whispering something into his face.

"This is what happens when you try to fight against me"

—•ღ•—

Edit of March 15, 2019:

Yay another chapter done with editing. I added some extra facts about Grillby. I wanted to add more depth to characters. 👌