Part 19.

Sage.

"I cooked."

I walked in, to what hit my nostrils as something mexican, which he knew was my favorite. I quickly kicked my shoes to the side, dropping my bags at the door.

"No hi?" My voice was humorus, as I shrugged out of my coat to walk to the kitchen.

"Hi Sage." His voice carried.

"Hi Ely-- what is all this?"

There was food, on top of food. Tacos, beans, rice, enchiladas, fajitas, Burritos, chips, salsa, guacamole. Everything that I liked, he made. And in the middle of the table were two candles, and a fresh vase of roses. The next thing to come into view was him.

I took notice of his freshly shaven face, and neatly dressed body. He wore slacks, and a really nice sweater. I looked at him a little skeptically, committing how beautiful he was to memory.

"This looks like more than food. There are flowers, and you're dressed nicely.  Are you sure this isn't something more than dinner?"

"Would it be okay if it was?" He raised an eyebrow walking up to me.

I was taken aback. "What do you mean? Like a date?"

"Is a date okay Sage? You know how I feel about you."

I chose not to say anything, but to instead go and wash my hands. I actually didn't know how he felt about me. Well not from the last couple of weeks anyway. I knew how he felt when he was on lock down, but this was a different feat. He could have his pick of girls now. He wasn't just subjected to me anymore.

There was now room for him to try others, and honestly that thought scared me. I tried to ignore it and him, thinking that if I left it alone, we wouldn't have to discuss it. I was obviously wrong. Because here he was ready and open to discussing our elephant in the room. And I was opposed.

I didn't want to discuss feelings with Ely. I didn't even want to discuss feelings with myself. I took a deep breath looking at myself through the bathroom mirror. I had to move. Walking out of the bathroom I started my foot pattern back towards the kitchen.

He was already seated when I made it back, and looking at me expectantly. "It doesn't have to be a date Sage. Just consider it a thank you dinner."

He didn't look annoyed but I knew that he was. And I didn't want that either. I think the problem was that I didn't know what the hell I wanted, and this time he was pretty clear that it was me.

"But what if we try this, and we stop being friends?"

"Sage." His voice held authority, and for a second, I couldn't tell if I got turned on, or startled by it. "It's just dinner. We're going to talk, and eat, like back in the day. I'm not expecting anything out of you, I just want you to take a breather. I know you don't work tomorrow, so I figured we could just chill, and catch up a little."

I nodded a little frustrated that I'd let my over thinking, get to me.