Chapter 1| Nicki A.K.A. Vanity

September 3, 2017
11:30 P.M.
Queens, New York

Nicki

"I don't get why you can't just stop strippin' Onika

"I don't get why you can't just stop strippin' Onika. I been told you I can take care of you." I rolled my eyes at my boyfriend Chris as I got dressed in the master bathroom. He's been riding me for years about my job, but honestly I didn't care. I liked stripping, it was a hobby for me. I was 18 when I started. I'm 24 now, and I didn't plan on stopping until my 30th birthday.

"Yeah...You can take care of me now, but what happens if your empire falls? Then we shit outta luck aren't we?" I turned around and gave him a sarcastic smile as I walked back in the room. He was sitting against the headboard just glaring at me as he continued to count his money and hit his blunt.

"Breezy's empire ain't going nowhere babygirl, you can bet that. I'm sick of your smart ass mouth man." He took the blunt out of his mouth and put it in the ashtray on the nightstand next to the bed. He put all of the money in a black duffle bag and stood up, sliding the bag under the bed.

"Yeah, but you not bouta do shit about it. Bye. See you later." He walked over to me and embraced me in a tight hug, sliding his hands down my back, gripping my ass.

"I love you princess. Go make ya money, but remember what I always say...what daddy say babygirl?"

"Don't give daddy's pussy away." I rolled my eyes and he laughed as he pecked my lips over and over again.

"Good, see you later. Love you girl." I mumbled an 'I love you too' as I headed downstairs.

I smiled to myself as I got in my pink Lamborghini. Time to get this money.

....

"Ahhhh hey bihhh!" My best friend Cardi greeted me as I walked into the locker room.

"Hey babygirl." I embraced her in a hug and she pecked my cheek as she pulled away.

"I know you heard that Queen Bey gon be here tonight. It's her birthday."  My heart rate sped up at the mention of her name. I had seen her around quite a bit. She basically ran the streets. In all honesty, she was more powerful than Chris in the game. Yeah he had money...but Bey had more and she was a real boss. Not to mention, she was sexy as hell.

"Actually, I had no idea. Why you tellin' me though? Am I supposed to care?" She chuckled at me as I sat down on the bench, putting my heels on.

"I'm just saying girl, she'll break mad bread for the right one. You know you the most popular dancer here. Work ya magic girl." I let out a slight laugh as I stood up.