Chapter 27

Chapter 27- The X-Reys are the best part

" I'm sitting down," I said as my but touched some cement stairs that lead into a dinner. " I don't want this thing to swell up anymore. I'll chill here while you guys scavenge."

" I'll stay with her." Ellie said. 

" I'll be back," Uncle Joel said. " Keep your eyes open." 

Ellie sat down beside me as I took my backpack off. 

" Wow." Ellie said as she looked into the dinner. 

" What is it?" I asked her, as she got up and went in. 

" It's an arcade game that one of my friends knew everything about. There's this character called Angle Knives, who fights people." 

" Oh, so it's Mortal Combat, with only one main character. Cool." 

" Mortal Combat?" 

" It's also a fighting game. But instead of playing as only one character, you can play as different ones. Does she have any special moves." 

" She would punch a hole through your stomach before kicking your head off.  What type of moves do the Mortal Combat characters have?" 

" They each have a special move that they use to finish off there opponent. But when they do their  X-Ray move, that's my favorite part. It's basically when they do damage to the enemy, you can see the bone fragments and everything being broken."  

" I wish I could play it, it sounds really cool."  

" It's what I played when I get bored in the Quarantine Zone I live in." 

" What was it like?" 

" It was OK.  You got any jokes up your sleeve?" 

" Nope, but I will keep an eye out for a joke book."