Chapter 14

Chapter 14- It's called being desperate 

We cut through an alleyway and climbed up a few huge shipping containers that lead us up another thing of stairs. 

We ended up on a rooftop. 

I was getting ready to say something when an explosion cut me off. 

" Holy shit," Tess said. " Is that your people?" 

" What's left of them," The women lady said. " Why do you think I'm turning to you guys?" 

" Because you're desperate." I plainly said, as we followed her across another building's rooftop and entered through the huge windows. 

Scavenging, I found a shiv, some alcohol ( the kind that you clean with), and a comic. 

" Nice, this is the one I need to finish the saga."  

" Hey, Joel, give me a hand with this?" the Queen asked. 

Stuffing the comic in my backpack, I followed silently, making sure to keep my eyes open for any other cool things and danger. 

We ran across a few soldiers, but we managed to sneak by undetected. 

But, we ran into some we had to kill off. 

Uncle Joel and Tess took out the ones that were in the building, and I took out the ones outside, using the bottle/brick method. 

Entering the room below where we took down those guys down, Tess asked the Queen where we are going.

" This way." 

" God, can't she just tell us?" I asked as I started to follow Tess. 

Crossing an alleyway we entered another building and walked through a kitchen walked into a kitchen. 

She turned to her right and tried to open the door, but couldn't get it open. 

Uncle Joel helped her with it.

She fell to her knee's when we opened it.   

When Uncle Joel bent down to help, a girl with red hair almost jumped him.