Chapter 22

Chapter 22-  Humanity 10, Infected 0.

I took the lead point this time around. 

We cut around downtown and hit the Capital building head-on. 

Before the Cap, are group was separated and Uncle Joel and I were on one side of the blocked doorway Uncle Joel and I managed to get Tess and Ellie through before it got blocked again.  

The sound caused a group of Clickers to find them, so we were separated. 

And mind you, I have never liked museums. 

And this is why. 

Because they are too fucking big, and there like a maze! 

As soon as we exited a very tight long space, we were approached by a clicker. 

I took out my switch, walked right up to it, and wedged my knife right between its eyes. 

Then, there were two, then one, then zero.

I scavenged and crafted a few things quickly before we continued on. 

The staircase that we walked up lead to a hallway, in which a Runner was banging on the door, and there were gunshots coming from that direction. 

I ran up to it, got it in the back of the head, and kicked the door down to find Ellie and Tess fighting a group of infected, consisting of 3 clickers and 10 Runners. 

" Guys, a little help!" Ellie yelled as Joel asked of Tess was OK. 

I swung at the Runner that had Ellie in a headlock and instantly splattered its brains. 

Uncle Joel punched the shit out of 3 runners, and Tess took down 4 runners and 2 Clickers.

I got the one Clicker and 3 Runners. 

" That was way to damn close." Tess said as she panted. 

" Let's get the hell out of here before more show up." I said as I passed Uncle Joel, followed by Ellie. 

" Thanks for the save." Ellie said.

" Don't mention it."