e p i l o g u e

*UNEDITED*

Dedicated to ALL OF YOU that read, commented, voted and stayed till the end of this book.❤️

Jules / Other

Jules dialed a number. Her number. It's not like she was going to answer anyway. After that day, Jules had never been the same. They had just met and she had to leave him. He remembered every single second of the day she.. It was too painful to remember. 

He sometimes had nightmares about that day. The way she screamed, they way she kissed him before her eyes shut and the way the paramedics coaxed her away from him. He broke because she was his life. His happy medicine.

The phone rang and rang until it picked- 

"Hey this Sera, I'm currently fighting seagulls at the moment so I can't pick up the phone. Please leave a message!"

It was her voicemail. Not her. His heart jumped for a moment. 

He remembered Jonah crying on the day after he learned what happened to her and he remembered her parents sobbing, looking anguished. His heart broke seeing the little seven year old wailing. Jonah kept on repeating her name and yelling for her and it became too much for Jules to take in and he left. 

For weeks Jules was in a depressive state. She was his cinnamon and he hadn't even got to spend a full day with her. Just a measly afternoon. He wanted her.

While he was contemplating this, his phone received a message. He checked it thinking it was Sera but it was Maura texting him to come visit Jonah since he was lonely at the hospital.

Needing a distraction, Jules got up and decided to go to see her one last time because every time he looked at her it hurt him. He walked along the streets until he reached Ella Maines Memorial Hospital. He asked the receptionist for her room and walked to her room. He hesitated as he put his hand on the door handle to her room but he opened it anyway. 

She was lying on her bed with all sorts of machines attached to her. Jonah and his mum looked up at him and smiled. Maura and Paul were lovely to him. He sat next to them and hugged Jonah. 

They sat in silence and then-

"Julesy?" 

Jules' head snapped up not believing what he heard. Sera was lying on her bed as usual but there was one difference. Her eyes were open and she was looking at him with her hazel eyes.

"C..Cinnamon?"

"Sera woke up from coma today and I wanted you to come. That's why I sent the message.." explained Maura.

Jules stood up from his seat an walked to Sera. She smiled up at him. He sat on the chair beside her bed and stroked her face.

"It's me Julesy. I didn't die. I kept fighting the light. For you and my family."

Jules felt tear fill his eyes. 

"Come on Jonah, let's leave the love birds alone." and with that Maura and Jonah exited the room.

"I can't believe you scared me like that." he whispered.

"Julesy, I felt scared. I didn't want to leave." she replied.

"At least you're here now." he said smiling and she smiled. She smiled the smile that lit a million suns, that made flowers bloom and most importantly made his heart jump and the butterflies in his chest flutter (in a good way). 

He then leaned over and kissed her on her lips and she kissed him back and the kiss started to deepen until-

"Miss Reyes- oh. I need to do a check up."

They pulled apart with a jump and their cheeks flushed.

"Oh sure." she replied trying not to go even more red.

Jules went outside and waited for the doctor to be done. He then saw Paul walking along the corridor and he sat next to Jules.

"Julian. Thank you so much for making my little Sera happy. I- She's a much happier girl since she 'met' you and you're so loving and kind." said Paul gently. "You've been there for us in the past few weeks and I appreciate it. If anything, you're the right man for Sera."

The doctor walked out of Sera's room and Paul continued.

"She's getting discharged today because she's taken all the rest she needs and I can never thank you enough."

"It's nothing Mr.Reyes-"

"Paul. Call me Paul."

"It's fine. I did it for you guys because I love her and you are just lovely."

Paul then smiled and said "Well then, go ahead. We're about to go home. Go hold her hand or do teenager stuff!" 

"I will." 

When Sera was ready to leave, Jules pushed Sera's wheelchair to the car. He had refused to leave her side. Once they were in the car, Jules looked at Sera and with a twinkle in his eye he said:

"You're my Cinnamon. Forever and ever."

"And you're my Julesy. Forever."

"I'll never leave your side ever again. I promise."

And he never did.

A/N: Okay so... I'm supposedly on hiatus but today was my first set of exams and I decided to update bc I'm a major procrastinator like that and because I love you guys. PHEW my English exam messed me up. Smh. SO IT'S OVER. *cries* BUT (and that's a big but 😉) I'll be updating the Q&A to you lot and bonus chapters. AND THERE IS A SPIN OFF. My English teacher will kill me for adding and after a full stop.

P.S I have a new book called Escalator Thoughts. Check it out!

QUESTIONS: Do you like this book? (BE HONEST) What song would you use to describe this book?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!

Till next time!