The First Glance

"Everybody, please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for take off." The flight attendant says over the speaker.

Nobody says anything as we all make sure our seatbelts are tight. "I hate takeoff..." Abbey mutters besides me.

"Me too..." I say because quite frankly​, it scares me pretty close to death.

"Okay, let's suffer through this together!" Abbey says positive to me.

The plane starts to move forward and I grab the end of the seat divider so tight in my hand, my knuckles start to turn white. It seems like forever as the plane makes many twists and turns before it stops. I know what's going to happen next so I just hold on tight and look out the window. I count down in my head.

3

2

1

The plane bursts off escalating speeds from 0 to what feels as a million miles per hour. My body gets pressed against the back of the seat as the plane defies gravity moving up. My breathing becomes quicker as I feel like the planes never going to stop moving up. "Hey, it's okay. We're almost up." A soft voice says besides me.

I turn towards the voice and just mutter "I really hope so." The plane then stops escalating up and I look out the window to see that we are moving at a constant speed and are gliding right over the clouds. I look down to see all the tiny cars moving around like ants. I see that even the highest if the building look as flat as the others. All is calm as a beep sounds the air. A flight attendant sounds over the speaker again, this time saying "The takeoff is now over and you can now leave your seat if you have to use the restroom. Please return to your seat after and remain in your seat the entire flight. Please enjoy your flight. Flight attendants like myself will be coming around with food and drinks. Thank you."

It's quiet except for the occasional sounds of conversations around the plane and the wind outside. Occasionally, I can hear a baby crying and a mother quietly shushing the baby. I'm thinking about what I will tell my sister, when she sees me. I wonder if the alpha, really is as cold as Elena makes him sound. I wonder if bring a Werewolf is better than what I have experienced already. I think about if I have a mate and what he's like. My thought are shattered as I hear "Mam, mam?" I then to her "Would you like anything? We have pops, water, juice, and snack foods like chips." A flight attendant asks me.

"Oh, um, sure. Can I have a diet Coke and a bag of cheetos?" I ask.

"Of course, that is $6.59." She says as she hands the products to me.

"Abbey, would you like anything?" I ask in a soft voice because she just woke up.

"Sure, can I have a apple juice and a bag of animal crackers?" She asks the flight attendant.

"Of course sweetie." She says as she hands the crackers and juice to Abbey.

She looks at me and says "Your total is $13.39."

I hand her my credit card and she scans before handing it back to me and saying "Thank you!" She then moves on to another passenger.

I laugh as I see that Abbey has her cheeks full of animal crackers. She sees me looking at her so she says with her mouth full "Thank you! I love animal crackers!"

"No problem!" I say with a small smile.

I eat and drink my diet Coke and Cheetos throughout the flight while reading a book. The flight attendants voice plays over the speaker again. She says "We are now preparing for landing. It is currently rainy and 69* here in Sugar, Virginia. We hope to see you again and stay seated until the plane is completely still."

A beep fills the air, meaning that all seatbelts are to be fastened and everyone is to be in their seats. We start to decline from the air, slowly. The plane stops moving down every like few meters and straightens out before repeating that until were close enough to touch the ground if we move lower. The plane pulls out it's wheels and the planes wing's direction is changed as the wheels hit the ground. The plane slowly slows down as the brakes are pulled until the plane is moving slowly to it's gate. The gate workers lead the plane into the spot and hook the gate to the door of the plane. Once that's finished, people start to rise and grab their carry on bags from above them. People start to get louder as they talk among each other. Abbey stretches as she says "Time to meet my brothers, beta! The moment of truth will say if your in my pack if you come with us."

"I really hope, were in the the same pack!" I say anxious to know.

"Me too!" Abbey replies.

We walk off the plane together, towards baggage claim. We wait there until we see that the bags start to file out, onto the moving tray. We both see our bags so we grab them and drag them off as we see a man with a sign that says "Kelsey and Abbey". We cheer as both of our names are on it and make our ways towards the sign. The man says "Are you Kelsey and Abbey?"

"Yes" we both respond.

He then says "Okay, I'm Beta Trey of the Vipers pack. Follow me to the limo so we can get to the pack grounds."

We both follow him out the doors to see a limo and we get in. He gets in after us and knocks twice on the divider. Thanks car starts to move away from the airport after that. We drove in silence for about an hour before, I felt a change in the air. Abbey and I both shivered. "That was the feeling that means that we just entered pack land. We are almost to the pack house. You will both go to the Alpha's office once we get there. You are to bow to him" Beta Trey says serious.

Abbey says "But he's my brother! I won't bow down to my brother!"

Beta Trey says "I know, I was talking to Kelsey. Kelsey, do you understand?"

"Yes." I say.

"Okay, you both go to the alpha with your bags. He will assign your rooms to you."

"Okay" Abey and I both say.

We walk into the building and walk down the halls as many werewolf's stare at us curious. As we get closer to a door, I smell the best smell, I've ever smelled before. The beta knocks on the door and we hear a strong voice say "come in"

We walk in and I realize that the scent is so strong in here. I look around trying to find the source but can't. I give up and look up to see the most attractive man, I have ever seen. He stares at me before growling out "Mate!"

I just stare at him confused because Im still kind of confused about Mates. My wolf Alicia speaks up "Mate!"
_______________________________________
Okay, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! What do you think of everything that has happened so far? Thanks for reading and remember to comment, vote, and share!

BA