Columbine

Adonis Pov

Zeus stole my heart. I'm mad his mother abandoned him, and I'm upset  Ares did not tell me about him.

Yet, I've never been in this deep before. I looked over at Ares and Zeus sleeping on a pullout couch in the living room. Zeus was curled up on Ares' bare chest, wrapped up in his t-shirt. I could see myself as the mother of Ares' child , but I still feel bitter I'm not the one to give him his first born. I love him so much. I look down at the promise ring.

I decide to go shower and bundle up to meet with Naomi.

--

"All of this happened?"

I nod.

"Damn, I'm missing everything."

I show her a selfie Zeus and I took.

"He's adorable, you look like a good mommy."

"Thanks."

She smiles at me. "Send that to me."

"So how's Durham?"

"Girl, I met the person of my dreams. She's sweet, kind, a little hood..."

"Hold up, she?"

She stopped. "Uh..yeah..."

"I thought you were straight."

"I thought so too until I met Maria. She's a beautiful Latina."

She looked at me. "If you're happy, then I'm happy." She squealed and hugged me.

I don't judge anyone. What she does in her personal life, it's her business and I'm glad she's happy.

We talk on and on at her mom's house. I missed this, just being normal. She wants to visit Morgan in the hospital.

-

"He looks so tired," Naomi said.

"Maybe we should come back some other time," I suggest.

She looks at him and nods. "How long do you think it will be until he gets a transplant?"

"Probably months. It depends on where he is on the list."

"Excuse me, visiting hours will end in about 30 minutes," a nurse says.

"Yeah, let's go," I say to Naomi.