Benjamin and Grace held hands under the table as well. After birthing DJ they couldn't be more proud of anything Skylar had done — to see their daughter face her demons and be honest and take responsibility for her actions was very gratifying.

"I appreciate your honesty, Skylar. And I must also apologize to you and to Grace and Benjamin for my rash reaction. I take everything related to family very seriously, and this situation definitely comes as a shock, so bear with me," Veronica responded with a much softer tone.

"I agree with Veronica, I can tell that you were sincere in your reasoning for your decision, and I apologize if I flew off the handle, but you all have to understand how I could be apprehensive in trusting what's been presented to us. And something I've always taught my son is to have evidence of everything when it comes to the business he's in because things can come back to bite him if he doesn't take the necessary precautions. And that's less about you, Skylar, and more about Devin protecting himself," Melvin explained, standing his ground about the paternity test.

"UN-DEAAAAA, NOOO!" DJ exclaimed in laughter as he scurried down the hallway as fast as his little feet would let him go, completely oblivious to the tense conversation happening a few feet away from him.

Skylar's eyes widened in surprise and glee as she watched her precious son make his presence known ironically in the perfect moment.

"I texted Davon. Thought a visual would help my father. He can be pretty stubborn," Devin whispered, his lips brushing Skylar's ear.

Skylar shuddered at Devin's closeness. Had she not been focused on how Devin's parents were responding to DJ, she would've melted into a puddle. She knew that Devin knew what he was doing, and he'd be getting a stern talking to after this was over. Veronica immediately stood up with the biggest smile on her face, and Melvin looked rooted to the spot with eyes as big as saucers.

"I'm gonna get you, my little munchkin!" Andrea exclaimed, jogging after DJ before skidding to a stop when she saw all eyes on him.

DJ immediately noticed that everyone was silent and all eyes were on him.

"Mama," he whispered nervously, slowly walking over to me and trying to climb up into my lap.

"Alright, Junior, come here," I said, picking him up.

"Hey, buddy," Devin greeted him, ruffling DJ's hair and making him feel at ease while all the adults in the room continued to stare.

"He looks just like Devin, Melvin," Veronica observed with a glint in her eye.

"Devin texted us at the right time, didn't he?" Davon whispered to Andrea.

"That's clear," Andrea nodded in agreement with a smirk, "Everyone seems to have taken quite nicely to him. I don't hear anymore fighting out here, that's for sure."

Both Davon and Andrea had heard loud voices and a couple cuss words and began to worry that they might need to make an early appearance for reinforcement purposes. So, Devin's text did not come as a surprise.

"Uncle D and Un-Dea to the rescue," Davon gloated.

"Whatever, I chased DJ out here, not you," Andrea reminded Davon with confidence.

"Uncle D will have his moment, don't you worry," Davon fired back, wanting to already have the best relationship with the sweet, well-mannered boy he'd had the pleasure of playing with for the past half hour.

"So I think that's all the paternity test you need, right Melvin?" Benjamin questioned, not allowing anyone to forget the task at hand.

"You got that right, man. He's the spitting image of my son," Melvin replied in awe, taking no offense to Benjamin's question.