Prologue

"I don't want to be with anyone else in here. Just you."

"If that's what you want."

"That's what I want."

Peeta closes the door to my room softly and approaches me slowly, reaching the bed that we've been sharing on the train. His hand intertwines with mine, and I let out a short breath. I feel small under his stare. How could he find someone like me desirable? How could he find someone as thin and frail as me beautiful? I bite my lip, staring down at the ground. "All I know is that I don't want to have to be away from you...ever."

Peeta smiles softly, placing his free hand on my hip, caressing it gently. I find myself inching closer, our eyes locking. There's a moment when we're so close, I can almost feel his breath against my skin, and his lips finally meet mine. They're so soft and comforting. His hand travels upward and he cups the side of my face, running his hands through my hair. It's our first real kiss. Our first kiss without President Snow initiating it, without the cameras or the prying eyes, this is the first time I've ever felt Peeta Mellark's warm, inviting touch for myself.

He pulls away, staring into my eyes as he leans his forehead against mine. "Katniss..." He murmurs, his breath against my lips.

"Don't just–just kiss me." And not even moments pass before he smashes his lips against mine, his hands traveling up my back. He holds me tight, our bodies becoming closer and closer. I begin to lean back, him hovering over me. This kiss is unlike anything we've ever done. It's full of lust and passion. It's hungry and eager, and it's leaving my body screaming for more. So we kiss. We continue, trying to find a rhythm. We're both clumsy and extremely inexperienced, but eventually we're able to find something that works right for us. We kiss and kiss, never wanting to stop, because I know that if we stop, we may never get a chance like this again. As his body presses against mine, I'm suddenly aware of a hardness against my body. It startles me at first. I've never truly thought about the concept of sex. It's never crossed my mind. I am not completely ignorant towards it, I've just found it stupid. Now, though, I have a whole new feeling towards it.

I find my hands traveling towards Peeta's night shirt, gripping the bottom and pulling it upwards off of him. He pulls me against him, his hard, toned stomach against me. After a moment, he pulls away. "Katniss, what are we doing?" He asks.

I bite my lip, looking towards the ground. "I–I don't know." I really don't know. I'm terrible at explaining what I want and I've never been this vulnerable or willing.

"Well, where do you want this to go?" Peeta asks softly, brushing a loose hair from my face. He tries to grin to make me feel better, but I'm suddenly embarrassed. "Katniss?" He asks, trying to get me to talk.

"I don't want anything but this." I whisper, barely audible. "I want this to go all the way." My voice fades out, and I'm barely able to look him in the eyes. What am I doing to myself?

"Katniss."

"Yes?"

"I need you to want me for me. I can't do this if you want this because it's your only chance or easiest choice." He sighs, pressing his lips against each other. "I need it to be real."

I'm shaken by his words. I want to feel it. I want to try it. I don't want this to end. But who do I want to be next to me? Peeta? Should I stop?

Of course I want it to be Peeta. He makes me feel safe. I trust him. I've never been closer to anyone. I just don't know how to get the words out. How do I explain to him that I want him? "It's real, Peeta. I–I want you."

I can tell by the way his face lifts and he flashes me a small crooked smile that he is relieved and he feels the same. With that, he moves me back onto the bed. His lips, however don't meet mine this time. Instead, they touch my jawline softly, creeping down to my neck. I let out a soft moan as he begins to work down to my chest, staring up at me.

"Is it okay if I take this off?" He asks softly. "Only if you–" before he can finish, I've already taken my silky nightgown off. He stares at me in awe. "You're so beautiful." He breathes. Usually, I wouldn't believe such a compliment, but considering the situation at hand, I have a slight boost in confidence.

He brings his lips back to me, kissing my chest and cupping my breasts with his hands. It's surprising and new at first, but eventually I'm able to enjoy it. I wrap my hands around his muscular frame and as I move him closer to me, before I know it, his mouth has reached my breast.

I let out a small gasp as he kisses me all over. With everything he does, the throbbing sensation in my thighs intensifies.

I sit up, biting my lip and doing something that I never thought I would. I grasp Peeta's hand, placing it between my thighs. "I–Is that where you want me to kiss?" He asks. I chuckle embarrassedly, nodding my head. We're so inexperienced. The whole night has been filled with clumsiness and awkward glances, but the both of us realize that I should probably remove my underwear for this to work.

We both reach down and end up both taking them off of me. So here I am, completely naked in front of Peeta Mellark. I don't know what to feel or how to react at this point, but I know that I want Peeta more than I ever have.

"Peeta." I whisper, my voice strained. He stares into my eyes, raising an eyebrow. "Have sex with me."

A/N:
Hey everyone! So I've decided to completely re write this story, because my last version was written over 2 years ago. For any new readers, I would also suggest reading the original because the plots will be very different and unique. I'm so excited to continue writing!