Chapter 46: Angel

Start from the beginning

"What?! No! Calm down. It's not that. He told me I was eligible to go into another modeling company. I'm only waiting on a call so I can work at Victoria's Secret." I cheered, hoping he would cheer too. "Oh yay! That's awesome!!! You're gonna work at Victoria's...Vic-Victoria's...Secret...wait a minute." He took out his phone and searched for something...here we fucking go.

"So you're telling me...you're going to be working at a modeling company...that dresses you like this?!" He showed me his phone screen which was on the Victoria's Secret website with models in lingerie.

"I mean, they are a women's lingerie company, honey, what else would they dress me in? Then again, they do have sports and sleep attire..." I tried calming him. Yea, it wasn't working.

"Nnoooo, no, no, no, no, no, no, no." Andy shook his head. "I'm still gonna do it." I stood my ground. "No."

"Yes."

"No, I don't like it."

"Yes, we need money and I wanna have fun."

"I forbid it." Andy huffed. I just shrugged and decided to go upstairs to our room. He can stay down in the kitchen and be like that.

"Anything you want," he would say to me. Not this time. But...I'm still modeling for Victoria's Secret whether he likes it or not. I know those models get paid very well! I could quit modeling after a month of working there! Me working there would benefit us greatly.

"H-honey? Are you mad?" Andy peeped into our bedroom. I only looked at him and I assume he saw fire in my pupils as he flinched when my eyes met his. "You are...aren't you? Look," he slowly walked to me, "I'm sorry I wasn't excited or happy about your new modeling place. I just don't want the world to see you like that."

"But Andy, the money I'd be able to earn, I can stop working earlier, maybe even save more than expected. Just let it happen." I begged him. "Yes, Victoria's Secret may pay more, but you're still working for three other companies. Either way, you'll be able to save enough money. One way is just faster. Please take it slow. After all, slow and steady wins the race." He held out a plate of two cookies from behind his back, offering them to me.

"I'm not hungry." I nudged the plate away.

"Ok, you're not hungry, you're angry. I'll just leave them here." He set them down on my nightstand, then left the room.

He was right, I am upset. Despite what he says and thinks, I'm still going to model for Victoria's Secret.

I looked at the cookies next to me...I'm still not hungry. I rose my heat high and shot flames out of my eyes as I looked at the cookies, blackening them inedible.

---

Later on that day, I was in my secret room. It was finally finished a couple days ago, it's my quiet place.

I was sitting in my beanbag chair, catching up on my current favorite book, when my phone started buzzing. It's an unknown number...WAIT, IT COULD BE THE VICTORIA'S SECRET MODEL AGENT. I accepted the call.

Caller: (Y/n) (L/n)?

Me: Yes? Who's calling?

Caller: This is Adriana, I'm a Victoria's Secret modeling agent. I've seen you around and I must say you are an exotic beauty! Would you like to join the VS Angels?

Me: YES! I would love to!

Adriana: Great! I'll text you a time and place. Please be as on time as possible.

Me: Gotcha, thanks!

I JUST FUCKING DID THAT. I'M GONNA BE A VS (Victoria's Secret) ANGEL! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!