Chapter Nineteen Chloe: Normal not Boring

Start from the beginning

After I got back from lunch Katie, Amber, and Josh asked to come over, which was perfectly fine since he was going to work out with Brey. Josh brought the pizza and Amber brought the wine and the three of us were just chilling in the living room. The way our apartment is set up there is the kitchen which opens into the living room and we have a small eating area in between them. To the right is our bedroom where we had our own bathroom, the guest bathroom, and the guest bedroom which somehow turned into Nick's gun room. That obviously has a lock on the door that only Nick and I know the passcode to since Nick did something that makes it almost impossible to break into. Josh mistook it for the bathroom once and was almost electrocuted. When Katie finally arrived, we watched some tv and chilled out until Nick got back from the gym then it felt like Katie had started her own intervention. "I'm sorry but I thought you would be with a sweet guy" she said. "well he is really sweet" I replied. "yeah, I was thinking more like flowers just because, romantic, high effort kind of sweet" she replied. "well I'm not into that I like perfect gentleman, overprotective, realistic kind of sweet" I replied. Then Nick fresh out the shower walked in the living room "so you ready to go shooting tomorrow" amber asked. He shot her an annoyed look and said that he wasn't looking forward to it. When she asked why he said that he didn't want to make us look bad, and an intoxicated Katie took it as a challenge. "shoo you think you so great at eve er re thing you're not that cool I bet that you will lose" she said barely able to sit up. Nick laughed then took her keys off the counter and put them in one of the drawers "really" he said. Amber tried to change the subject but Katie was out for blood "Fight me right now" she said trying to stand. She kicked off her shoes and started to tie back her hair Nick stared at her like she was joking, but sadly she wasn't. He walked from behind the counter over to her trying to just hug it out then she swung at him, He dodged it of course but it came close. Then he grabbed her arm and pined it behind it her and sat her on the couch she sat there a bit too drunk to stand un till she fell asleep. Josh, amber and I thought it was funny. An hour or so later Josh the only sober one drove Katie and Amber home and Nick and I went straight to sleep.

The next day we were going to the range which was thirty minutes away from our apartment and since Nick didn't try to back out of going we got there earlier that the rest of the group. Nick got impatient and decided to go inside and a few minutes later I went in to check on him. After I walked in this tall man with coffee colored skin said, "so you must be Chloe" then gave me a hug. "Nice to meet you" I replied giving Nick a confused look who thought this was weird was looking at the guy like he was about to hit him. When he let me go he told me that he was glad to put a face to the name then walked back behind the counter. Nick wrapped his arm around my shoulder and told me that the man's name was Darrell and that he owns the shooting range. "I could get you guys set up outside are you doing long or short range today" he asked. Nick told him that he was with the group and Darrel said that he was trying to show off Nick just shrugged it off. Thankfully Mr. Barnette walk in and took Darrell's attention he made us all fill out some paperwork and by the time everyone got there and we were ready to go it was ten o'clock.

This wasn't my first time shooting, my dad took me all the time, but this was the first time Nick has seen me shoot and everything I shot was in a small cluster just left of the target. The entire time I was shooting Nick was just sitting behind me then Denis asked him if he was going to shoot any then Brey walked in. she asked him if he was ready. they walked over to the last two targets, gave each other a nod, then they snatched their guns from their waistbands and started shooting. Everyone crowed around them and they were so focused like it was just the target. Their guns went off like they were automatics changing magazines in just seconds with casings flying in a constant string next to them. When they were done their targets looked almost identical with the head and chest blown out. Mr. Barnette asked me to remind him to never piss him off. Sabrina had been quiet for the entire time until she saw Brey then she opened her mouth and asked who Brey was. I told her that she was Nick's friend and then she asked how close are they and if they hung out a lot. Then Nick walked back over to me and she just stared at him and out of the corner of my eye saw her start talking to Brey who was holding a AR-15. Then handed me his gun and placed his arms on top of mine a few shots later I was hitting the center of the target. Then the let go and I was still hitting the center. I heard Brey say "you need to take the butt of the gun off your shoulder" then a loud shot and Sabrina scream. Darrell took her in the back and Brey stood there trying not to laugh. We were pretty much done after that and went to get some lunch. The Nick got a call, said some stuff in Russian then told me he had to leave. A few days later I was at work and I heard harper screaming at someone then she suddenly stopped. When I turned around I saw Chase pointing a gun at Denis who had wedged himself between us. He told him to move, and Denis told him that he would have to go threw him then he shot him in the shoulder. I ran for the door and the second I opened it Danny was standing there he gave me a wink, pushed me into the wall, and injected me in the neck with something.