A Family Meeting

Chapter Nineteen: A Family Meeting.

Parker's POV: After

After Daniel had stormed out of the house, Jessica was completely still as she continued to look at me. Ricky and Justin soon showed themselves out and that's when I walked up to Jess, hoping that she would accept my comfort.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered into her ear as I wrapped her in my arms. "I'm so, so sorry. I just couldn't keep this all from him, I'm so sorry." I kept on apologizing. I could feel her relax into my arms as I continued to speak but no tears escaped her eyes.

"There's nothing we can do anymore." She said before she pulled away from me, smiled, and then walked over to the phone. "But I think that we should try to tell everybody and explain ourselves."

The next week at dinner, everybody, meaning both mine and Jess' family including Daniel who was still seething, sat around Jessica, Elliot, and I in the Turner's living room.

"What's going on? I feel like we are about to have an invention." My mom joked as she looked at Jessica and I.

"Parker and I are dating." Jessica confidently said, looking specifically at Daniel who looked just the littlest bit guilty as he saw the purplish bruise forming on my face. "We were dating before Parker joined the military too." She amended, only to find that nobody was looking at us with anger.

"And we kept our relationship a secret because we didn't want to upset any of you, especially you, Daniel, and if we didn't work out then it wouldn't awkward between the two families." I helped out Jess. "Anyways when I went off to the military, Jessica and I stopped talking because Jess didn't want to tell me she was pregnant with my child. She feared what would happen if I had found out and when I got back, we worked through it and we have decided to be a family." I finished, Jessica smiling by my side.

"Elliot's my grand baby?" My mom cheered. "How dare you not tell me!" She stated before coming over to embrace Jessica and I. My dad came over to congratulate me and both of Jess' parents hugged me as well. Jessica told me a few weeks ago how they had both already known of our little secret.

"I'm an aunt?" Jane asked Jessica, looking a little hurt from not being told of her newfound position in Elliot's life. Jess nodded before apologizing, only to be embraced by my younger sister. "Now, I know Eli has the best family in the world."

Daniel kept his distance from the both of us, only looking on as the rest of the family was filled with happiness. I slowly made my way over to him hoping he might talk to me for the first time in a week.

"Hey." I said, taking a seat next to him. "I know that you aren't pleased with me at the moment but I want you to know that Jessica makes me happy. No matter what, she and Eli are my biggest priorities and I know that she blames herself for you being angry. She's always cared about you and what you thought of her but all that you've done since you have been home is be angry with her 'mistakes' when rather you should be proud of her that she has grown so much.

She choose to raise Elliot by herself, she wasn't going to even tell me that I was the father because she would rather sacrifice her happiness than to face your disapproval. You're her role model and I know that somewhere deep down, you are a little happy that it was me and not some loser who actually would leave her." I said to him as he continued to stare straight ahead. "And if you never want to talk to me again that's fine but you need to talk to Jess because you are an important person in her life and Eli's as well." With that, I stopped talking and went to talk to Jessica.

I stopped at her side and interlaced our fingers, she smiled up at me before placing a kiss on my cheek. "Thank you for sticking around."

"I told you, I'm never leaving you." I said, placing a peck on her lips.