Epilogue

Years passed, and Jack still wasn’t seen in Arendelle. Not like he was ever seen before, but everybody noticed that there was something missing on Christmas but quickly brushed it off. The excitement lessened a bit, but Elsa was the only one there to hold it all together. Elsa was the only one to fully acknowledge what seemed to be the missing presence of somebody who was important. She felt as if there was somebody missing in her life and winter – it was not a thing, nor was it a somebody. It was a he; an important he who she hadn’t thought of as a lover but rather as a companion and partner in crime (or, should she say partner in cryokinesis).

  Elsa always forgot about this feeling after New Year, and went on with her life and journey surviving queendom. Of course, after everybody had learned that she was not purposely being “evil” when she had saved them from eternal winter some still believed that she was evil and had a few tricks up her sleeve. “She’s planning some kinda diabolical plan, I’m tellin’ ya.” Elsa had heard somebody say when she was out shopping with Anna and Kristoff (Anna dragged both of them there so she wouldn’t be alone). She guessed the person who said that had thought she was out of earshot at the time – she most certainly was not. The man continued, “Can’t you see that lil’ evil glint in ‘er eyes, Brian?” little did he know that glint was not an evil glint but a glint of sadness. But, of course, there was always a bright side to some things.

  That bright side was Anna, who always made her feel better when she felt down. She loved her sister so much, that her last words were, “At least I might see Anna wherever I go after death.”

  By this time, Elsa was dead at age 67 in the autumn while Anna died years earlier in the summer due to somebody poisoning Elsa’s food but the dishes had switched and Anna ate the poisoned food. The person who poisoned it was not yet found. Elsa was enraged by this, and for one year she was determined to find the culprit who poisoned her food but soon gave up after realizing that sometimes things happen for a reason. She lived and Anna died for a reason, and that reason may have been because Elsa had a responsibility: Arendelle. All these people counted on her – well, at least the majority of them believed in her.

  Elsa’s funeral had passed, and a very important person was there after the citizens of Arendelle had waited for years for the spirit of Christmas to come back and they didn’t even know it. Jack Frost believed the years he had been missing from Arendelle nobody had noticed, but everybody noticed but hadn’t noticed all at once. Nothing was definite; nothing in the world was always exactly true just as it seemed like – sort of like the fact that the Earth looks flat when it really was round and Jack seems friendly when he really is very stubborn. Over the course of the years, he started to drown in his own guilt until he didn’t breathe without thinking about how he never said goodbye to Elsa.

  He came at the wrong time, definitely. Jack was too late to say goodbye, and he was now left to look at a grave with a body buried under the ground of an older Elsa whose fate now was to rot in either the Fields of Asphodel, Elysium, the Fields of Punishment, Heaven, Hell, or wherever the dead’s souls went to after dying. But, as long as she was in a safe place he was okay.

  When Jack first came, guilt had washed over him and his heart dropped after realizing what seemed like living in what seemed like the calmest place somewhere at the border of Arendelle for what he thought was at least four years but in reality was a lot more than a decade. After everybody had left the funeral – as well as an old, limping Kristoff who walked out with his daughter who was soon to be Queen, Amalia – he stood in front of Elsa’s grave and stared at it emotionlessly. Leaves blew in the wind and fell onto the ground; the only sign that this was the late Queen’s grave was the gravestone which had the letters “Elsa Walter” carved onto it.

  Jack regretted a lot of things but never has he ever felt this guilty over something. His coat blew in the wind as the leaves fallen from trees circled around him as if to tell him something, and he looked up at the moon as if it would tell him something (which it was trying to, at this moment). It took a moment for him to realize that the leaves were beckoning him. “What in the world?” He muttered to himself, and followed the leaves that blew in the wind as if there was some invisible people holding onto them and moving them in a path for only Jack Frost to follow.