Part 26

Everyday Kain brought me fruits, bottles of juice and other things that a pregnant woman required. He was really caring towards me. I've began to consider him as my friend. Only friend.

"Here you are, some yummy sandwiches. I prepared them for you. Hope you like it."

"Thanks." i said givin him a warm smile. After lunch i went into my cabin to continue my work. I was feeling so tired that i decided to go home. I went to see my driver but he was not here. Apparently he was having his lunch. I should have expected this because i normally dont go home before closing hours. I did not want to wait, so i called the watchman and told him to fetch a car to take me home.

After 10 mins, i saw a black mercedes come in my direction.

"Come in, i'll drop you" Kain said getting out of the car to open the door of the car.

"Thanks" i said to him.

After we arrived at my place, i invited him for some coffee as it would be impolite not to do so. He went to sit in the couch and i went into the kitchen.

"So..you got a new boyfriend?" he asked from where he was sitting, his back facing me.

"Nope." i replied blankly.

"Why?" he asked now turning to face me.

"Am just not interested now."

"What are you interested in then? Girls?" he asked laughing out.

"Haha. Was this a joke. Because it was not funny." i said pulling my tongue to him.

I went into the living room, gave him his coffee and sat across him.

We drank the coffee and joked around. Finally it was time for dinner and i had to ask him to stay.
My cook prepared some spagetthi with bolognaise cream and chocolate mousse as dessert.

After the dinner i was about to take the dirty plates to the sink when Kain caught my hand.

"Wait. Can we talk?"

"Sure. About what?"

"About the..the baby" he stammered.

"What is there to talk about my baby?" i asked him frowing.

"I want to marry you so that we can brought the child together as a family." he finally said as if a burden removing off his shoulder.

"Stop right here Kain. You remember what.."

"I know Jane. And am ashamed of it. I already apologised to you. Its just that you will encounter problems on you way if you rear the baby alone. If i am with you, it will be more easier. I know you are strong. But having a father along with a mother is a different thing. Please dont give me an answer right now. Think and tell me later. I'll accept whatever you decide..but think." After that, he went to home, leaving me in a dilemma again.

After thinking overnight, i finally made a decision. I'll tell him about it tomorrow. For now i should have some rest. I went to sleep later then.