Chapter 3

And so the night went by, another one came and this time Bokuto decided to go to the eastern part of the town. They seemed to be selling valuable stuff there.

He made his way around the town, he made sure to say hello to all the kids that surrounded him. Bokuto noticed a crowd of men and women in the distance, they were looking at weapons and that's exactly what Bokuto needed. He walked closer to the merchants and noticed something.. Well, someone.

How surprised do you think he was when he saw the same mystery traveller there, looking at bows and deciding whether or not he should buy one.

He approached the male, trying to startle him, but for some reason he failed.

"King, you're here again." he spoke in a same sweet and smooth tone.

"I am in fact, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"I need a new bow, my last one broke. I wasn't surprised, it was like 6 years old already. I need it for hunting, I'm a traveller after all" he explained.

"Oh, may I recommend?" Bokuto asked, it wasn't like him to do this, but this traveller made Bokuto act weird.

"Of course, King" he agreed and smiled slightly, making Bokuto's heart stop for a second.

He pointed at the finest and probably most expensive bow out of all.

"Even archers in my army use this one. It's comfortable and is made out of the finest pine wood" Bokuto explained. The traveller thought for a second before buying one, to Bokuto's surprise he had quite a lot of gold coins.

"In exchange of me suggesting which bow to buy, may I know your name?" Bokuto asked.

The travelled turned to him, once again piercing through Bokuto with his green eyes. He had never seen eyes like his, they cut through him like a knife.

"Akaashi Keiji. My name is Akaashi Keiji" Akaashi said as he fixed his hair. His black curls slowly fell on his forehead again.

"That's a rather interesting name... Why did you say that the rumors about me were true? What kind of rumors were you talking about?" Bokuto didn't know why he said that, while he was quite curious, he didn't exactly want to hear the answer.

"The rumors about you bring a king driven by rage and anger. I've heard from many people that you're quite..evil. The way you spoke to me yesterday just confirmed it" Akaashi said, his face showed no emotion. Usually, Bokuto would be angered by these remarks, but this time it made him a bit sad.

"Spend a day with me, I'll prove you wrong, okay?" Bokuto suddenly blurted out.

"Sure. You have one day" he smirked and started walking.

"So, where are you from?" Bokuto asked as he caught up with him. He was eager to know more about Akaashi.

"I was born in a small village which stood next to Oikawa kingdom. But the village went down in flames one day, so instead of moving into the kingdom I decided to travel. It's fun, I get so see many different things, I get to experience many different cultures and lifestyles. My favorite one by far is the exotic life of the Yuuji kingdom. Have you been there?" Akaashi turned his head to Bokuto.

"No. I haven't left this kingdom" he answered. He had never left this kingdom, this was his home.

"What a shame. Yuuji kingdom stands right by the sea. A lush jungle surrounds it's west wall. Oh, the atmosphere there! It's perfect! I got to meet the king himself, he's the most reckless person ever" Akaashi ranted with a smile on his face. The fact that Akaashi was praising someone else made Bokuto feel weird, but that's nothing..right?

"Sounds like a good place. What do you think of this kingdom? I know you haven't been here that long, but I am sure you have some kind of opinion on it." Bokuto asked. Akaashi thought for a few seconds before answering.

"This place is....dark.. The people are cheerful and all, but the atmosphere here... It's dark and scary.. Probably because of you, your policies and all the things that you've done have stained this holy ground" Akaashi spoke.

Bokuto felt as if someone stabbed him right in then heart, did he really turn his kingdom into this? All he wanted was a powerful kingdom... He didn't want...that.

"What do you mean by holy ground?" Bokuto asked, he was already getting a headache.

"Don't you know? This forest and this whole area is said to be holy, blessed by angels themselves. They say that this is the place where earth meets both hell and heaven, because the devil landed here after being banished from up there" Akaashi said. Bokuto had heard something about that before, but never was really interested in it.

The two fell silent and just walked around, before Bokuto attacked Akaashi with hundreds of questions.

Bokuto spent the whole day walking around with Akaashi. He learned a lot! As it turned out Akaashi is the same age as him, he is intelligent. Unlike the majority of people he did not only know how to read, he also knew how to write properly, he even practised calligraphy. He knew how to use a sword and a bow.

Bokuto was amazed by how extraordinary Akaashi was. He just couldn't understand why he was so drawn to him. Was it fate that brought that charming stranger into this kingdom? Is there some kind of prophecy that Bokuto didn't know about?

The words that Akaashi spoke before they went seperate ways stuck in Bokuto's head.

"Bokuto, you're a good person on the inside, I can feel it, but I'm still scared to stand next you"

.

.

.

.

...

Can someone fill me in on what memes are relevant now? Thanks.
I'm asking for a friend.

-hatari