Chapter 4

"Bokuto, are you sick?" Konoha asked as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. Something was wrong.

"No? Why would you say that?" Bokuto looked at him, his face was riddled with confusion.

"You have been quiet for almost 24 hours and you look lost. This isn't you.." Konoha sighed. Bokuto finished eating dinner and looked at his friend.

"I'm fine, Konoha. Just thinking about someone" Bokuto gave Konoha a small smile before finishing his drink.

"Is it some girl? I mean, you're at the age where it's normal so.." Konoha wasn't really sure if he should dwell into that topic, good thing Bokuto stopped him.

"No, it's that traveller you saw at the diner a few days back. I met him a couple more times, he is...so amazing" Bokuto said and for a second there Konoha thought that he was dreaming.

Bokuto, The Bokuto Koutarou, calling someone "amazing"? Seems surreal.

"Amazing? How so?" Konoha followed Bokuto out the dining hall and into the garden.

"Okay, his name is Akaashi Keiji and he's the same age as me. He is so talented, Konoha! He knows how to use various weapons, he practises calligraphy, he is really smart and just perfect over all.. How can someone like him exist? Is he a magician? Is he an angel? I'm pretty sure he can tame dragons and the devil himself at this point" Bokuto rambled leaving Konoha completely shocked.

"Well, I never expected words like these to come out of your mouth. Why don't you invite him to the castle, I would love to meet him aswell. Plus, maybe he'll show us even more talents of his" Konoha suggested, his intuition was telling him to. And his intuition was always right.

"Good idea! I'll go and find him!" Bokuto exclaimed before rushing out of the castle.

"Seems to me like you are sick, Bokuto" Konoha smiled to himself. "Lovesick"

...

Bokuto didn't really know where to look for him. It was almost 6 PM, which was like a rush hour during the Owl Festival, since a lot of performances started at this hour.

Bokuto decided to peek into many different shops and look around many food stalls. Just when he thought that Akaashi might have left already, his eyes caught a tall figure.

Akaashi was looking at different blades from the Haiba kingdom. They were made from the finest silver and decorated with the shiniest diamonds and rubies.

Bokuto approached him slowly, but once again failed to startle him.

"King, I didn't expect you to find me" Akaashi said and continued looking at the sharp blades.

"I always find what I'm looking for. Why are you looking at these blades?" Bokuto asked.

"They're pretty, and I like pretty things" Akaashi handed quite a few golden coins to a man and took one of the blades that he liked.

"Why were you looking for me? I'm just a traveller" Akaashi asked as he looked into Bokuto's eyes.

"To me, you're not only a traveller. You're someone really interesting and I want to know even more about you. Come to the castle with me" Bokuto was straightforward which kinda confused Akaashi at first.

"Sure, I'll come" Akaashi nodded and Bokuto couldn't hide his smile. He still couldn't understand how someone could make him this happy.

The two walked back to the castle in comfortable silence. Konoha was already waiting at the gate, eager to meet the person who managed to shut Bokuto up without even being next to him.

"Good evening, my name is Konoha and I am Bokuto Koutarou's right hand. It's an honor to meet you" Konoha greeted Akaashi and shook his hand.

"It's an honor to meet you too. I've heard many great things about you" Akaashi smiled slightly.

"How come you hear great things about Konoha, but bad things about me?" Bokuto suddenly interrupted the two.

"Rumors are rumors, King. Don't get jealous over these things" Akaashi said. Konoha was quite surprised when Bokuto didn't say some remark back, he didn't even get mad.

"Why do you call me King instead of Bokuto?" Bokuto suddenly asked.

"Because, when we met you told me that you are apparently my king, so why not?" Akaashi's tone wasn't that respectful, but Bokuto didn't seem to care.

Konoha was starting to really like Akaashi.

"Bokuto, you have a meeting with the generals as you need to new strategies. I'll show Akaashi around" Konoha said and watched as Bokuto ran off, these were the only meetings he cared about.

"I don't know how you're doing it, but Bokuto is being nice and quiet. Whoever sent you here must be God" Konoha said as soon as Bokuto disappeared from their sight.

"Maybe it was God. You know, rumors about this kingdom are flying around everywhere, many are afraid.. But I don't think this kingdom is as scary as people make it sound like" Akaashi said and followed Konoha into the castle.

"Bokuto is actually quite silly, it's just his anger issues" Konoha sighed.

"I feel bad that you have to take care of him all the time. You have your ticket to heaven for sure" Akaashi laughed. They soon reached the door to the main hall where the generals and Bokuto were, the door was open so they could listen.

Bokuto's plans and suggestions sounded to dumb to Akaashi, clearly he wasn't that experienced in that area.

"I have a better suggestion!" Akaashi said as he barged in. "How about you...."

Turns out he was a professional strategist as well.

.

.

.

.

...
I love making references to other fics 😂 tell me if you caught it.

-hatari