2

Shayla POV

Once I left that awkward situation I drove Jamayne to Mrs. Jillian's house. Mrs. Jillian is the sweetest lady I have ever met. She is 5'4 with chocolate skin, thick curly black hair that stand at her shoulders andPerfect smile that never leaves her face and a sweet but stern voice. She is like everyone in the neighborhood mom. Mrs. Jillian found me on the streets 6months pregnant one night while I was walking to a shelter to sleep for the night and stopped me. When  she found out that my dad kicked me out and she took me into her house and helped me a lot throughout my pregnancy, she put a roof over my head, fed me and was even in the room with my when I was giving birth. Mrs. Jillian is more like my mom then anyone else in my life.

Once I made it her house I pulled into the drive way and parked the car then proceeded to the backseat and I took a sleeping Jamayne put of the car and took him inside.

"Hi, Mama. He's sleeping and when he wakes up he most likely would be hungry just feed him a snack or dinner and he should be good." I explained as I tuck my son in my old room in her house.

"Baby girl just get out of here, you act like I've never taken care of him before!" She joked as she pushed me out her house. I loved Mrs Jillian like she was my own mother. She treated me like I was her own child. Took me in when I was down and still helps me out till now.

"I know Mama , I'm just making sure everything is okay. Wait I have to tell you about how I saw Adrian today in the mall, he had the nerve to try and 'holla' at me for my number, he didn't even realize who he was talking to. I ain't gonna lie Mama that hurt. After all he put me through he didn't even recognize who I am. I don't even recognize who he is anymore."

"Well my child, you should've  told that boy about his  son. You cant expect him to step up if you didn't tell him baby." She sat down on her high wooden stool in the kitchen as we spoke. "I know Mama but I did and he denied my child. Thats disrespectful to me and my child." I shaked my head as I try to forget memories  that surfaced once again.

"I know my child, I know but just think about telling him one more time. Maybe it would be different." I listened to what she said and decided that it would be something I would have to think on before doing.

Mama and I spoke for a little while longer before I was time for me to go. I gave her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek and walked out the door.

I left her house and made my way home get ready for work. I arrived home in a short while. I when I arrived home my stuff was already packed and my clothes already out so an hour and half later I was clean and in a sweat suit with my duffle bag and ready to go.

I called an uber to pick me up. I don't like taking my car to work because one day a guy from the job followed my car home and it made me feel unsafe because it's the place my son and I laid our head at night. That's not something I want to happen for a second time.

When the Uber arrive, I got in and sat in silence  scrolling through my Instagram as the driver drove smoothly to my job. I was so into my phone that I didn't realize that was at my job within an hour.

I went straight to my section and did my makeup, not too much though, I went a little natural. I flat ironed my hair bone straight and put on my "outfit" of the night. A simple black lace one piece and took one more quick glance in the mirror and then made my way out to give lap dances to a few people.

Yes, I'm a stripper the typical thing. A single mother struggling to pay bills and provide for her child so she becomes a stripper. I know you hear this all the time but I had to in order to provide for my son. Its not like I'm a hoe or let anyone take advantage of me. Once I walk out the doors after work I don't even know what stripping is. I love to dance and this was a fast way to make money so I didn't mind doing the job. I worked in the strip club called Red Cherries. I know its a stupid name but its the one strip club most people pop out too.

Tonight was really busy, there were a lot of ballers and wanna be thugs and even Adrian was therem Adrian was on the top of the food chain right now. He was THE kingpin and businessman. Every thug wants to be him and every girl wants to be with him except me. I want nothing to do with him.