34 Prince of Sicily

Start from the beginning

"'Kevin Bacon'?" I roll my eyes. "That's how we found you, Screwball."

"I wasn't hiding from you, love, nor your Crabbit friend." Simon points to Kol, who had gone out in search of what I had no idea.

"He's not bad tempered, your Grace." I reply, and that makes the old Italian smile deeply. "But, if you'd prefer, we've a flat in New Orleans." I found myself making the offer. It was clear he had some sort of information on Zetrov, so it would be better to keep him close at hand. "Come on." I urge my old friend and lover.

"Ah dinnae ken. Your suitor Niklaus never had a soft heart for the Sicilian." He shrugs.

"He's not a soft heart for anyone, pack your bags. We're going to the City of Jazz."

"Now Merida, you know I get all tingly when you order me around."

---

After leaving Kol at his own home, I lead Simon across the street, and up to our flat. When I open the door, Francis and Ashley are in the living room, watching tv. Upon our arrival my little brother looks up at me, then looks at Simon. "What is this now? A Boarding house for the Supernatural and others?" He asks, rolling his eyes.

"Is it? I have a few friends who'd be interested then, chap." Simon replies rather cheerfully. "They comes from the time of the Spanish Inquisition." He begins, and I found amusement in the way my brother groaned, palming his forehead. He was still shirtless, and I figure that he's been that way most of the day. There were some who were modest about their good looks, and then there's Francis. "Is that dinner?" Simon gestures to Ashley. I shake my head, taking pleasure in the startled look on the human's face. Her brown eyes widening.

"No, she's a guest." I reply. Ashley still looked slightly off now, regarding my ex with wariness.

"Pity. I'm starving."

"Welcome yourself to a tourist or two, just heal em up and make them forget after. That's how this city works." I inform him, and Simon rose one eyebrow, a high arch that disappeared into his shaggy hair that fell into his forehead.

"I don't like reform." He says right as Sebastian comes through the door to the flat.

"I've come from a chat with Elijah- wha-?" My older brother pauses in his step when he sees Simon. When he takes a second to recognize him my brother look at me in exasperation. "You've got to be joking."

"He's taking Penelope's room, unless, of course, you'd allow him to bunk with you...?" I ask, a harmless question that my older brother grimaced at. Although both my brothers weren't that close with Simon, they did enjoy his story telling and care-free attitude. However, I knew they were starting to feel cramped here. His facial features told me that that was in no way happening under this roof, so I called out for the butler. "Joseph!"

He comes from the kitchen, where he was restocking the fridge and the cabinets of food. He went to speak, but then remembered that his tongue was no longer there and closed his mouth. Simon was not at all phased by his appearance, but back in our day servants did everything, so he wouldn't be surprised. "Take Simons bag to Penelope's room, he'll be staying for awhile." I order and the butler nods and takes the King's bag from him.

"Please be careful, my pet snake is in there." Simon adds, and Joseph jumps, dropping the bag. The ghost of a smile shines on Simon's lips, and I found myself smiling along with him. The butler picked up the bag again. With the very tips of his fingers. When he disappears from view down the hall, the Italian beside me crosses his arms over his chest. "I've no snake."

"I figured."

---

"Turn me." I whispered to Niklaus. "So I may be the Queen of Europe."