At first they thought Danny was being overshadowed by a ghost but after a few days of intense stalking they figured their son acted too much like he always did. Stubborn, overprotective and oblivious. Unfortunately they couldn't follow him into the school. A teacher had found them and the director had kicked them out.

Then they remembered the 'accident'.

It was way back when Jack and Maddie were building a portal. All it did was spark, but Danny somehow got it to work. With him in it. He was fourteen back then.

The Fenton parents were away in their pity party when they got a call from Jazz. She said that Danny was in the lab unconscious. His friends were trying to revive him. She didn't know how long the boy had been there. Sam and Tucker had said that they had come to look for Danny and had found the boy there, portal up and working.

They had immediately come home and treated him. There wasn't much to treat. He seemed fine except for a very high fever and slow pulse (Maddie had almost fainted when she didn't feel a pulse for a moment).

So they tried all they could to cool him down. Besides, they couldn't take him to the hospital. All the money was spent on the building of the portal.

He stayed in bed for three days. He did nothing but sleep.

Those were the worst three days of Jack's life.

Danny eventually came around and all returned back to normal.

Except for, of course, the antighost weapons.

So the Fenton parents figured out the reason why they kept reacting to their son.

They didn't tell him or anyone else.

They didn't want their son to think he wasn't completely human.

Sam frowned. "Well what are you going to do, Danny?"

Danny scrunched his eyebrows. They lit up in an idea. He suddenly pointed at something behind the ship and shouted: "OH MY GOSH. LOOK AT THAT. WHAT THE HELL!!"

Predictably, everyone turned to look and Danny smiled. He had to act quickly.

He created an ectoshield around himself. Then he let it shrink. It shrank so much it encased Danny in a closed bubble. It became like second skin.

The others were looking back at him in confusion. He smiled. "Nevermind. I just thought I saw something green."

"I just thought I saw something green. Fear me."

Jack grumbled as he stuck the Ghost Gabber deeper in his pocket.

The students turned back and entered. Chelsea muttered colourful words under her breath. In between you could hear "Green.." "We're in the f... Ghost Zone."

Sheldon tugged on Andrew's arm. The boy stood stock still as he stared at Danny in shock. "Green," he whispered.

Sheldon laughed. "Yes, Andrew. The Ghost Zone is green."

Andrew continued. "He glowed green."

Sheldon inspected Danny. He noticed his friend was right. The black haired boy was shimmering green. He shook his head. "Must be the air. Let's just go in." And he dragged a stuttering Andrew behind him. Nothing got Andrew like that, Sheldon knew. So he knew not to dismiss what the boy said.

After all, if you're the friend of a genius, you pick up some things. Sheldon was sure Andrew's brain was working overtime now.

Danny walked to the ship's door with steady steps. The ghost shield around him renewed his confidence.