Chapter 12

**Edited**

I was sitting next to the dark haired girl trying to feel a pulse. I found one but it was faint. The smell of wolfsbane made its way towards my nose making me feel a little bit dizzy. They got injected with wolfsbane, by whoever attacked them.

Leaves crunching, and twigs snapping echoed throughout the woods. I snapped my head towards the left were the sound was coming from, and swiftly stood up. Ready to attack.

My mates face came into view. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Reese?What are you doing here?" I asked my mate. Two more guys came from behind him. Cruz and Enzo.

I gave them a small wave and a smile. They just nodded. Damn why so serious. Well there's two girls behind me almost dead so I guess that it's a serious situation. Why am I talking to myself when I should be doing something to take these girls to a Pack hospital or something.

"I smelled the blood. I thought it was yours. Are you okay?" Reese wondered as he walked up to me and inspected me for any injuries.

"Yeah I'm fine, but they're not." I said while turning around and pointing to the two girls behind me.

The three males looked towards what I was pointing at. Enzo pushed past me and kneeled beside the dark haired girl.

"Esther." He whispered. The girl of course didn't hear him because she was passed out.

I turn to look at Reese with a confused look and a raised eyebrow.

"Does he know her?" I asked him.

"It's his mate." Cruz answered for Reese. My eyes grow wide.

"His mate? What? When I met him he didn't act like he had a mate." I elaborated.

"That's because when he found her, she was a rogue. And a few days after they met she disappeared." Reese informed me. My mouth goes into an 'o' shape.

"Cruz help him get her to the car. She needs to get to the pack doctor now. We've wasted too much time." Reese ordered in a serious tone. Cruz nodded and started walking towards the badly injured girl.

"We'll come back for her." Reese pointed to the blonde. I nodded.

More twigs snapping and leaves crunching made us stop whatever we were doing. Reese pushed me behind him.

Five familiar faces came into view. I quickly stepped from behind Reese and walked up to my brother. His worried eyes softened once he saw is was alright.

"Your okay." He said while inspecting me for injuries. People really need to stop doing this. I nodded.

"You scared us." Sky stated while she pulled me to her side.

"Why did you call us in a hurry? You sounded worried." Nixon piped. Well it's a good thing they haven't said anything about Reese, Enzo and Cruz being here.

"Why are they here?" Grey asked as he pointed to my mate, Cruz and Enzo. Spoke too soon.

"They were near by and smelled the blood." I told them while pointing to the two injured girls. My brothers eyes went wide and he had the same reaction as Enzo's as he saw the blonde. He dashed towards her side.

"Rowan. You'll be okay." He assured her. She fluttered her eyes open and slightly smiled. "Caleb, Nixon come help me take her to the car."

Caleb and Nixon walked up to my brother and helped him carefully lift Rowan up.

I started to put two and two together. My brother has a mate. She's a rogue. My brothers mate is the blonde laying on the ground bleeding. Okay we really just need to go.

We all started walking the way we came from with Reese, Enzo, Cruz and Esther behind us.

"Why is it that he's always around you?" Grey asked while pulling me close to him. Reese growled and stomped towards us. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards his side.

"What is your problem?" Caleb pushed him away from me. Reese took a deep breath to prevent himself from doing anything.

"My problem is you." Reese pointed at Grey and Nixon. "Always touching what's mine."

They raise they're eyebrow at him. Did he just. I think he did.

"Reese. What are you doing?" I asked him.

"What did you say?" Nixon inquired.

"She is my mate. Not yours." He roared.

Well. I'm going to be locked in a tower like Repunzel now. Farewell world.

Nixon looked at me.

"Is this true?" He questioned me. I slowly nodded.

"Guys instead of fighting. Can we just figure this out later and take these girls to the damn hospital. They're gonna die for goodness sake!" Sky barked. "And since them being mates is out in the open. Might as well. Cruz is my mate." She said while standing next to her mate.

I face palm. Really Sky?

--------------------------------------------

Okay this was another short chapter I know people sorry. I promise the next few chapter will be longer.

Story time so my dumbass stepped on a nail on Thursday 😐. I had to go to the clinic to get a tetanus shot, but guess what. I got that shot two years ago and I didn't have to get it! Since it's good for 5-10 years! Yay!! Which was good because I hate shots.. who doesn't?

Anyways hope you liked it. I promise to make the next few chapters long.

Please comment and vote. Adios.