Chapter 20: "Made your Bed, Now Sleep In It"

Start from the beginning

She didn't know what to do with him, she didn't know whether to give in, or forgive him. she wasn't to be made stupid, from no man. Aaliyah held her hand over her chest, and it scared him and he froze. "Baby, you okay?"

She blinked a few times. "I just wanna lie down." He moved slowly, allowing her to get out of his grasp. Damon rubbed the back of his head. "I know you'd normally want me to sleep downstairs tonight, but at least let me be in here. I'll sleep on the floor next to the bed. Just wanna know you're okay."

She rolled her eyes as she walked towards her closet for her pajamas, having skipped dinner without an appetite. "Whatever.".... Damon stripped down to his boxers, getting a blanket from the hallway closet and a pillow from his side of the bed. Just as he'd thrown them on the floor, she walked out of the bathroom in a pair of sweatpants and a tiny tank top.

She normally slept in his clothes for bed, and it stung a little that she wasn't. Damon knew he'd really fucked up. He watched her remove the accent pillows and pull back the duvet and sheets before climbing into the bed, turning off the light.

Damon sighed as he stared into the darkness. He heard her sniffling, and knew she was crying again, and he shook his head at himself......

He covered the floor with the large blanket, and got the bigger one to cover him. As he, slowly and steadily bent down to adjust himself comfortably on the floor next to her. He looked up at the ceiling, as he listened to her cry herself to sleep.

NEW CHAPTER:

It hurt him severely to see how much pain he caused her, to the woman he truly only loved, and he fought and cursed at himself for letting his emotions about something he should of knew wasn't true cloud over his head.

He was guilty by all mean, he kept hearing her sniffle, as he laid there with his hands behind his head. Barely could sleep, he needed to hold her in his arms, but not even a touch of him were gone clear her wounds, and seeing her hold her chest the way she did, terrified him, clearly had a weak heart, despite how strong she was as a individual, she had feelings too, deep down.

Dame bit inside his lip, as he end up falling asleep finally in the next hour or two. Aaliyah stopped crying a bit, and was soundly asleep. Dame was twisting and turning in his little spot, he had a nightmare.

And he shot up, rubbing his face breathing up and down scared out of his mind, and he looked up and seen Aaliyah still asleep, peacefully. He had a bad dream about her leaving him and moving on to man he didn't even know but painted in the back of his head. He was terrorize, she was gone leave him.

He wasn't going to let that happen. He slowly got up from off the floor, and slowly crept to his side of the bed. He couldn't take it, and had to hold her. He slowly got into the bed, she didn't hear him as she was sound asleep. Dame leaned over and kissed her head, and started to wrap his arms around her tiny frame.

He buried his face in her jet black hair, kissing his way down towards her shoulder. "I know you hate me, but I promise I'll make it up. I swear." Aaliyah was startled out of her sleep as she registered his touch.

At first she was scared, until her body recognized him. She fluttered her eyes, looking down at her hand. Damon had his head pressed against hers, and she could feel his tears falling onto her chest. She couldn't believe they were in this spot, and a part of her was scared that she'd never be able to look at him the same....

Damon walked into the kitchen the next morning after getting dressed to meet Biggs and interview a potential artist.

He saw Aaliyah dressed, standing over an agenda, making some sort of list. His instincts led him to walk over and kiss her, but she lifted her head and looked at him with so much pain still in her eyes....