1

Shayla in MM

"What did I do to you, to deserve all this bullshit?" I screamed at him.

"Your obsessed with me. Just leave me alone I don't need yo pathetic ass! Yea we was best friends but now we're not. People grow up and things change. You was just a quick fuck." He screamed in my face. To say I was hurt was just an under statement.

Without even thinking I slapped the shit out him. I even left a hand print but I didn't care he hurt me in a way that no one can. For a second there was a flash of hurt on his face then right back to annoyed and angry.

"Fuck you and trust me you won't have to deal with me again."

****

And I kept my word, he never saw me again. That was the last time I spoke to my best friend.

My name is Sheyla Monroe, I'm 21 and mixed. My mom is Puerto Rican and my dad is white. I am also a single mom. I have long dark brown hair that goes to the middle of my back. I got my hour glass shape from my Puerto Rican side, obviously. It took a while for me to grow into my body but I did. I currently live in my two bedroom place in Queens New York with my son.

"Hungwy." My son Jamayne said as he climed into my bed with me.

Jamayne Ramirez is my 5 year old son. He is very smart for is age and I adore him. Yeah the way he was brought into the world isn't how I imagined my it would've happened, but I do not regret him. He's my little ball of sunshine on my darkest days. "Okay baba. Let's get you some food and do a little shopping. Then you go to aunt Jillian's house for the night and have some fun. Does that sounds good?" He nodded eagerly. I got him out of bed and carried him with me. We did our morning routine together. No one would understand the bond him and I have. We're all we got in this world.

"IHOP or Mickey D?" I asked as I found him something to wear for the day. I decided on his retro 11's, army pants and white polo hoodie and leather jacket. "Mickey!!!" He screamed excitingly. I just laugh at his eagerness and got him dressed. Once I was finished with him, I put on the TV in his room while I went to get ready.

Once I was out the shower I threw my hair in a messy bun and decided to match my baby today. We always do that when we're going shopping. Once I was done I went to his room and got his mini spray ground book bag with everything I may need for Jamayne and put it on my back. I helped him up and got my phone and keys we walked out the door. I made sure the house was locked and then got Jamayne in his car seat then making sure he's secure in his seat. I then pulled off to McDonald's, which wasn't far from where I lived.

Once we finally got there I got Jamayne out and we walked hand in hand into McDonalds. I ordered our usual breakfast on days like these which was biscuit, egg, sausage and orange juice for both of us. Surprisingly it didn't take long for is to receive our breakfast

As Jamayne and I ate I couldn't help but look at my son who look so much like his father. It hurts to know that his father wanted nothing to do with him and denied him. I just hope it doesn't stop him from becoming more than what his father was. I wiped my stray tear that fell and just smiled at my handsome son. He looked so happy without a care in the world. Jamayne a is quiet child, he's shy but once he gets used to you hell open up.

When we were done with our meal I cleaned Jamayne and took him to the car where I drove us to a mall so we can have a mommy and son day. The first store we went to was a children's clothing store but they only sell name brand for kids. I bought my baby boy some Ralph Lauren, Nike, and true religion jeans just to keep him looking good and up to date. I don't want my child to ever feel as though he has to wish for something someone else has. I want him to have a better childhood than I did. I even got him the Nike windbreaker in all black. Yes I spoil my baby and many may say it's a bad thing because he may end up spoiled and whatever else they say, but I spoil himbecause I don't really spoil myself and I make more than enough money so that I can spoil my son while also giving him what he needs.

The next store we went to was 21 century. I got my self some dresses and skirts even some cute tops, I didn't spend much on me. We took a lil break and just ate candy by a fountain then went to a toy store and got him a lot of new toys to give away the old ones. Jamayne knew the deal, if he got a new toy he had to give away one that he already had. In this case he chose 6 so now when we went home he would have to chose six to give away. I know how to humble my child and give back.

***
After a long day of shopping the last store we had to go to was footlocker to get some new shoes that was just coming out. We had already eaten lunch so I'm not worried about Jamayne having attitude about waiting to long or standing to long.

When I walked in there was a long line of people who were waiting for the latest Jordan's, but I wasn't worried because I had already bought them online, I only had to pick them up.

"I'm here to pick up my order, my name is Shayla Monroe?" I asked the cashier.

"Yeah we have them on hold since the payment didn't go threw, so all that means is you will have to pay here." She explained. She was surprisingly really nice, she had manners unlike these rachet ass people that usually work here half the time.

"That's not a problem." Since I was already at footlocker I decided I was going to buy the red harraches I've been eyeing and considering for Jamayne and I and maybe even look around for some other sneakers or clothes.

I walked over to the sneaker wall and looked at the sneakers. I was about pick up the all black 12s, to look at it when I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. "Hi, my name is Adrian and I would just like to say you look beautiful. I can't let a beautiful girl like you slip through my fingers so I wanted to know if I could get your number and maybe get to know you and hopefully in the future take you out somewhere?"

When I looked up I was speechless and mad. Mad because he didn't realize who I was and surprised that I'm seeing him in flesh. I haven't seen him in nearly four years, Jamayne looks just like him, the same eyes, the same nose even the same confused look. It sad how much they are physically similar and I hope they aren't mentally.

"I know who you are and no you can't have my number. Come on baba let's go." I rolled my eyes.
I picked up Jamayne and put him on my hip and walked towards the cashier ready to pay and leave. "Can I at least get your name?" He ask pulling my arm again. "Sheyla." His eyes held a look of shock and the more shock. He stood there, looking into my eyes as though he was paralyzed in time. I pulled my arms away from his grip roughly and proceeded to the cashier.

Once she ringed me up I headed to my car but something didn't feel right. It felt like I was being watched. I looked around and saw nothing standing out to me. Everything seemed very normal. I just shrugged it off and strapped Jamayne in his car seat then got in the car and drive if to Jillian's house to drop him off.

**

Hey guys, that was the first chapter to my book. I hope you enjoyed it.

Comment
Share
Vote