"We'll go on." He says shoving a random cart my way.

"And do what?"

"Get you're vegetarian stuff." He says avoiding my eyes as he looks around the store. I stare at him studying him, deciding against one of my usual comments I just start pushing the cart following behind it.

I make my way through the aisles grabbing the usual things I needed for a simple meal with Aiden trailing behind quietly. We stay that way until we enter the snack aisle.

"Cinnamon Toast Crunch!" Aiden shouts running and grabbing the large box with a wide smile playing on his lips. He looked like a five year old as he smiled brightly chucking it into the cart, when he catches me staring at him and the smile quickly fades away. "What?!"

"Nothing." I say a smile tugging on the corners of my lips.

"Do you not like it? Is that it?"

"No. But truthfully Lucky Charms is much better." I say grabbing one box for myself before turning out of the aisle.

"Take that back!" Aiden demands following me quickly.

"I will not, it's the truth." I say getting some juice.

"What is wrong with you? Wait, never mind, there's so much. That was a dumb question." He says with a smirk as he climbs onto the front of the cart.

"Get off." I command but he ignores me, knowing there's no winning I just continue pushing. Watching Aiden, I confirm something my mind already suspected for a few years now. He's a kid at heart with the shortest attention span I have ever seen and is way too easily amused. He started arguing with me a few times but would drop it in a heartbeat when he saw something he wanted and whenever a child fell down or started crying he would laugh like the sick bastard he was.

"This should be enough." I say looking at the overflowing cart, he nods in agreement as I lead us towards an empty cashier. After arguing about who had to pay we decided to split it.

"Can I just say how perfect you two are together?" The cheery lady says with a giddy smile.

"No." I snap grabbing some of the bags.

"I think I'm going to be sick." Aiden says grabbing the rest as we leave the now sad lady.

"That was just so wrong." I mutter in disgust as we make our way to the car.

"I know!" He agrees as he opens the trunk. "Like.....what kind of sick person would say that?" A chuckle escapes my lips at his comment as we place the bags in the truck.

"I hate people like her. Why are they always so happy? Like nobody should be that happy!" I confess still smiling.

"Me too! They're so annoying, I swear they shit rainbows." He says sending me in a fit of unfamiliar laughter as we close the now full trunk. He stares at me as I continue laughing even though I was trying desperately to stop.

"I'm going to go put the cart back." I say sobering up from my laugher slightly, without waiting for his response, I walk away quickly.
I hadn't laughed like that in a long time, a smile still played it was on my lips as it shoved the cart with the others. I feel the pull between us tugging on me aggressively, so I didn't waste anytime walking back to the car