Chapter 1 - The Beginning

"How long have you been here?"

He looked at me straight in the eye and it kinda felt weird because it feels like his staring right into my soul. Those light, emerald green eyes which hold a lot of mysteries that you wanna know but you know you couldn't find out about it.

"8 months" He said while lightly touching his wrists where the hospital bracelet is placed.

"Hmmm... So you just got here few months ahead of me. I see..." I responded while nodding my head then I tap the table with my little fingers out of boredom.

"So why are you here?"

I didn't expect that he'll ask me in return since he looks like the mysterious,silent type of guy.

It's quite personal to ask about that since everyone in this place have mental issues including me and him. You're probably shocked and wondering why we looked like a normal people who are engaged in a normal conversation but unfortunately, it's quite the opposite. We're not normal... I don't even know how we can manage to talk like everything's alright even though we know that we aren't.

"Why are you here?" I asked him back. It's better to play safe. I don't even know this guy. We might be the only who are "fine" in this place...for now.

"Touché! Tell you what princess...you tell me yours and I'll tell you mine. How's that?"
with a smirk on his face.

"And you think I would trust you just like that? I don't think so. You're the type of guy who shouldn't  be mess with & I gotta lot of important things to do." I lay my back and cross my arms over my chest while smirking back at him.

"I knew you would say that." he closed his eyes and leaned against the wall.

Silence.

Still feeling bored, I stared at the ceiling and looked at the lights above us, which keeps on blinking and flicking...like on and off.

Couldn't they buy a new one? Jeez, I guess staring at certain things should be one of my habits from now on.

"Important things to do... you said. Like what? Got demons to deal with and you can't stop hearing them inside your head?" He opened his eyes and looked straight into my deep,dark chocolate eyes.

I don't like it when people try to pry into my business. It makes me think that I'm more fucked up even from before. And I hate it.

I know that I was brought into this place so that I could be fine or better.

But so far, I'm not. I haven't been in here for 24 hours and it's already making me feel obnoxious.

And just the way he stares...

 I glanced away and looked out at the barred window instead.  

"Maybe. Maybe not. They're probably dancing in my head and having the time of their life. Kinda jealous of them tho. Those demons are very satisfied to see me like this."

I waited for his response but he just remained silent.

The sun was still up and kinda hitting my place and it makes me kinda sleepy.

I went to the hard sofa and tried to find a comfortable spot.

Damn it! I could've asked my parents to bring my own sofa instead. But of course, that'll be stupid. But still...

Well, what do I expect. This isn't some high class hotel, duh~ More like a dungeon.

I let out a sigh and turned to my right side, facing the other way where I couldn't see him.

I brought my knees up together, put my arms above and lowered my head, my chin's touching my arms. Just like in a fetal position.

My eyes were starting to close and I was ready to fall asleep when suddenly, he started talking.

"Those windows..." he said.

I raised my head up a little to look in his direction.

And he was looking at the windows intently. More like starting at them.

"What about them?"

Did he try to destroy the bars and use the window as an escape plan?

"It reminds me of being in a cage."

He's right. Totally right. That's what this place makes me feel like. It makes me feel like I'm in a small cage, waiting for my own freedom. But...will I ever get that freedom that I want?

I waited for him to continue.

And he did.

"Ever went to a prison cell before?" he said as he glanced at my way.

Prison? Is he referring to being the "visitor" or the "prisoner?"

Because if he is, my answer will be...

"No. I haven't." I looked at him once again and it feels like he's looking at my next reaction.

So I asked him.

"Well, have you?"

He gave me a small smile and said "Do you wanna hear a story?"

I wasn't supposed to say yes but I couldn't deny the fact that I'm really curious about it.

I know that there's something hidden behind those eyes.

And I found myself nodding as a response to his question.

"Yeah. Sure. Why not?"

And so, the story begins.

  []•[]•[]•[]•[] 

A/N:  Time checked : 1:15 am

Ik it took me a verryyy long time to just post the 1st chap. but thankfully,  I've finally did it!

I got a quiz tom. and yep...i'm still up. Once u started writing and you got an idea what to do and all, there aint stopping yo~ 

Thanks for reading!

Vote.

Comment.

Be a Fan.

Stay updated for the next chapter.

Hugs and Kisses

Bisous

- R