Part 2, Chapter 2

Mink then began telling them everything that John and Alex had told them and why they need their help. Ichigo spoke to John and Alex about the Jewel as Mink spoke to the others. Nina stayed close by as she played while the others talked. "Yes, I do believe we can get the girls back but with any plan, one small thing can change it so you better be ready when that happens," Mint said after Mink explained. "Mink it will be dark soon so I believe we should take this to my cave," Ed suggested as he looked at the sky. "Yeah, good idea Ed. Okay, everyone, Ed's going to fly us to his home so hop on him." Mink said smiling. Alex, Mint, Berry, and John climbed on Ed and Ichigo handed Nina up to them then stood next to Mink. "Ed; Ichigo and I will be flying behind you," Mink said as Ichigo looked at her. "Okay, just don't fall behind," Ed said before taking to the skies. Mink opened her wings out then took Ichigo's hand before flying up into the sky; flying behind Ed. Ichigo could see they were far enough away from Ed so they couldn't hear what he and Mink were talking about. "Mink, I get the feeling they didn't tell us everything, I'm worried about yours and Nina's safety," Ichigo said as they flew close together. "Yeah, I got that feeling too but don't worry I have a plan," Mink said smiling at him.

"Are you going to tell me what the plan is?" Ichigo asked smiling; Mink giggled. "You know that I will," Mink said. Ichigo smiled as he pulled her closer to him for a quick playful kiss. "We are going to get the girls that John and Alex have already and take them to Ed's Cave; Nina and Mint can stay there with them. I'll also send Berry into the woods to get us some more help and I believe it would be a good idea to send a letter home; telling them we are okay and tell them about Afodago so the village will be safe." Mink said as they neared the cave. "Okay, I understand but what about the girls he has already?" Ichigo asked quickly as he watched Ed land in the cave. "You'll know that part soon," Mink said smiling as she landed. Ichigo held her a few seconds longer before letting her go. As Mink folded her wings away John was helping the others off of Ed. When everyone was down Mink touched the jewel and changed back into her jeans and t-shirt. Nina ran over to Mink and hugged her while she laughed and smiled. "Mink, I know the plan so you don't have to tell me or the bears; I'll go find everyone some food," Ed informed her. "Okay that will make it easy then," Mink said before Ed left the cave. Mink turned to Ichigo and smiled at him. Alex went to the opening of the cave and looked out; she could see they were high up from the ground.

"Where did he go?" Alex asked as she looked at Mink. "Ed will be right back; he went to get us some food," Mink said as she sat down on the cave floor. After John and Ichigo got a fire going Alex sat next to John; Ichigo, Mink, and Nina sat on the other side of them around the fire. Mink looked over at Mint and Berry who were at the cave mouth. "Mink, do you have any plan to save the girls?" John asked. "Yes, I do," Mink said as she turned back to them. Mink told them almost everything she said to Ichigo on the way to the cave.

"Also to save the girls he has already we go to the village he's in and I'll let them take me so I can find out where he has the girls at." Mink said as she looked at everyone's faces. "Wait a minute; you can't just go in there like that. We would have to save you as well as the girls then." Ichigo said not hiding the worry from his voice. "Don't worry so much Ichigo. I'll be okay; I'll just go in, get some info, and come back with the girls." Mink said. "I'm just as worried as Ichigo is but if you believe it will work then I'm with you." John said before Alex nodded her head in agreement. "It will be difficult but I believe we can do it," Alex said as she looked at Ichigo. Ichigo looked at them before looking around the cave. "Don't worry Ichi. If big sister says she can do it then she can." Nina said smiling. Ichigo smiled after Nina spoke. "When did she start calling me Ichi?" He said to himself. He waited a minute before speaking again. "Alright I'll go alone with it; I won't like it but let's do it," Ichigo said as he looked at Mink. After Ichigo spoke Mink smiled and winked at him. Half an hour later Ed was back with the food. After everyone ate they got ready for bed. Berry had left already to start on Mink's plan.

A few minutes later Nina was already asleep with Mint so Mink took the blanket out of her bag and put it over Nina. Mink looked over to John and Alex; they had fallen asleep about the same time as Nina did. Ed was lying down at the mouth of the cave but wasn't asleep yet; Mink walked over to him and sat down. She waved her hand as she looked out the cave. Soon after she waved a bird came up to her. "Hello heart," Mink said in a low voice so not to wake anyone. "Hello Mink, I'm ready to take the note for you." Heart said. "Okay here's the note. Fly fast but be careful." Mink said as she held out the note to her. "You got it, I'll come back soon." Heart said before she took the note. "Okay, but you may have to let Ichigo know; I'll talk to him about it," Mink said. Heart with the note in her beak; bowed her head then flew off. Mink watched as Heart flew out of sight. Mink didn't know it but Ichigo was sitting on the other side of Ed while she spoke to Heart. Ichigo looked at Ed to see Mink get up and stretch. Mink was about to go back to Nina when he came up behind her and covered her mouth; when he touched her Mink jumped. "It's just me," Ichigo whispered in her ear and smiled as he turned her around to face him.

"If you keep doing that you're going to give me a heart attack," Mink said as Ichigo hugged her; both were smiling. Ed began giggling as he watched them. Mink looked at him. "Ed, you helped him sneak up on me, didn't you?" Mink asked. "Sorry Mink, I couldn't help it," Ed said as he lied his head down; Mink and Ichigo sat down together. "I have a way to get you back for that. I'll just start calling you Ichi." Mink said smiling. Ichigo then hit his forehead with his hand. "Oh no, don't call me that. You know if you do I'll have to start calling you ink." Ichigo said smiling. "You can't take my idea like that," Mink said.