We got back to my house and immediately went to my office. My third in command awaited me there. A tall dark-haired guy in his early twenties stood upon our entrance.

"Alpha. Beta." He greeted.

"Lucas, I insist, call me Sam, or at least Samantha and sit down." I walked briskly to my desk, sitting behind it. I was still uncomfortable with formalities.

Seth opted for the chair beside Lucas.

"Okay, Lucas, what seems to be the problem?" I started.

"We were running our usual nightly perimeter around the territory, when we came across unfamiliar scents on our southern border. They weren't so much as rogue scents, because those scents are more peculiar, more foul, smelling, but unfamiliar nonetheless."

I eased backwards in my seat. Well, at least we didn't have a rogue problem, but we still had an intruder.

"How far inland did the scent go?"

"Our southern border is filled with trees. It's about fifteen or so miles from the towns and the scents didn't travel farther than five feet within the forest."

"Scents?"

"Yes mam. It was more than one scent we picked up on. They weren't as fresh, maybe four or so hours old. They intermingled with one another, so we couldn't get a clear count of how many."

"Very well then. Seth, what's your take on this?"

Seth leaned back in his chair before speaking. "Make the perimeter run hourly for a couple of days. Let's see how this plays out. Hopefully, they get intimidated and go back to wherever they came from."

I nodded my head in agreement. This is why Seth was my right hand man. We were always on the same page.

Lucas stood as we all came to a silent agreement and made his way to the door.

"Beta. Samantha." he nodded at us.

"Keep me updated on the southern border, Lucas. See you." He closed the door as I let out a yawn.

"Let me walk you to bed." Seth said holding the door opened for me.

I just sleepily nodded my head at him, stifling another yawn. We reached my door and I opened the door walking in and expected Seth to follow. When I realized he didn't, I turned around confused.

"It's better if I just take off from here. Who's to tell what will go through my mind once I step inside, seeing that you're officially my girlfriend and all." I smiled at that, walking over to him.

I leaned up expecting to finally receive my kiss, only to get kissed on the forehead once again!

"When the time is right, Samantha. Goodnight." Seth said as he closed my room door.

What a proper gentleman.

*

I awoke the next morning hearing chatter in the dining room. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom to do my morning routine. Once I finished, I walked into the dining room to see what all the talk was about.

Upon seeing my parents, a smile graced my face. I felt like I haven't seen them in days. I bounced over to them, kissing each on the forehead, before taking a seat across from my mother.

"Someone's in a good mood." my mother commented. "I see Seth is treating you well."

I responded to her comment with a blush, earning a chuckle from her.

"Leave her alone Gale, perhaps she just gotten a proper night's rest... alone." I blushed a darker red at my father's insinuation, but before I could even defend myself both of my parents erupted in loud, booming laughter that seemed to rock to china set on the table.