Chapter 3

I walk around the packed parking lot of the theater looking for anything out of place or that would catch my eye. Unfortunately, nothing catches my eye so I'm stuck with the misery of trying to find something, or in this case someone, that I don't even know for sure that is real.

I was about to give up looking considering that I reached the back of the parking lot looking for the so-called twins until a firm hand clasped my shoulder a bit harder than I expected it to be so I let out a little yelp.

"Woah, calm down there, Adeline!" A raspy, low, and unrecognizable voice said.

I turned around to see who it was half hoping it was the twins and half hoping it wasn't. I look up to see two beautiful and identical people staring back down at me. Although there was nothing to be relieved about, a sigh of relief escapes my mouth.

"Ha! You got that right Lucas. Maybe if we had just jumped on top of her instead of slightly touching her shoulder we could have made her piss herself." The other twin says with amusement. In response, his brother Lucas punches his arm.

"Shut up Michael! This is the first girl other than mom and Madam Fegrain that we talk to and you decide to speak of her in such a disrespectful way." Lucas says firmly with an apologetic tone. Michael turned a bit red when Lucas said this then turns to look at me shooting down a sincere and apologetic smile. I felt kind of bad for him so I had to say something.

"N-no it's actually umm quite alright. I mean it's not like I wouldn't have wet myself. Considering that a stranger almost harassed me. Not that you guys harassed me. I'm just saying that Michael is probably right. There's nothing wrong with the truth. I mean not that I'm against you Lucas. Agh! What am I even saying!?" I ramble.

Both Lucas and Michael have smirks plastered on their faces and I feel myself turning a deep shade of red. Not a second later the both start laughing their asses off leading for me to turn a shade of red that not even an artisan could describe.

"Has anyone told you that you're divinely hilarious?" Lucas asks while still laughing. I look down not wanting either of the beautiful strangers to see my embarrassment even though they probably already have.

"No" I replied shakily.

Michael stops laughing and looks at Lucas.

"Lucas, what time is it?" Michael asks with concern. Lucas looks at his watch and makes a frustrated face.

"Shit! We're gonna be late!" Lucas says. "Grab Adeline and run to the car!" Lucas says to Michael while already running to what I guess is his car.

"Wait! What?" Is all I manage to say before Michael scoops me off the ground and starts running while carrying me like a bag of money in a bank robbery.

I am starting to get annoyed of today because, number one, it's my sixteenth birthday and so far everything has been screwed up just cause of these two strangers, and number two, they've been doing so many things to me without my consent and I feel like everything that happens to me today, I don't get a say in because someone else already chose it for me. The third reason is especially why I'm mad because when I have something I want to do and anyone gets in my way I get real pissed off. I feel as if, even though it may not seem like it, I've been incredibly patient and tolerant of everything today. All of the sudden it feels as if my bubble has burst and my anger is seeping through me.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I ask even though it came out more with a commanding tone. Michael looks at me as if getting mad is the funniest thing in the world.

"I'm taking you to the car silly." He says with a playful tone. This makes me even angrier because once again, people are doing things to me without my consent and he thinks this is a game.