Set

MONDAY MORNING - 5AM

Ouch. This stings. This is really early. I stared groggily at the ceiling as my alarm went off, swinging my legs off the bed and sitting for a few minutes, trying in vain to wake myself up. A shower. That would help.

Turns out it was the quickest shower I had ever had. Thanks to washing my hair last night - go me!- I was able to have longer in bed than I would have if I'd needed to wash my hair. Make up done, dressed and ready to head downstairs by 5.20am.

I perched on a couch in the foyer of the hotel when one of the doormen approached me, "Miss, your car is outside." He said, removing his hat as he spoke.

"Oh, thank you so much." I replied, lifting my bag and kit and following him to the revolving door. I spied a black car outside - this would take a lot of getting used to. Even though I was only a work placement I was being treated so well. A tall man in a suit opened the car door for me - "Morning Miss." He greeted me with a gentle smile.

I returned his smile, "Morning Dave." and climbed in the car, Dave shutting the door gently behind me. 

It was only. short journey to the set. Well, I assumed it was the set - I had no idea what to expect. I pulled my phone out and called Joanne - letting her know that I was at the gate. "I'll be with you in a minute, Em." she replied. Dave stopped the car and got out, opening my door for me and grabbing my bags from the boot, "Thanks, Dave."

"Anytime, Miss. I'll be back here at 6pm to take you back to the hotel." He smiled, bidding me farewell just as Joanne had reached the gate."Morning Em!" All set for your first day then?" She asked, excited and a bit too awake for this time of morning. Well she did say that you got used to the early starts after a while.

"I. I think so." I stuttered, a nervous smile flashing over my face.

"Oh, no need to be nervous." She replied as she hung something around my neck, "You need to have this with you at ALL times. Wherever you are on set, you need this. DO NOT LOSE IT! Seriously, on pain of death, don't lose it." She re-iterated.

"Don't lose it. Staple it to my neck. Got it." I replied, joking gently.

"Ok, let's get you on set." She grinned as we headed past security and onto the lot.

I was in awe of everything. People were walking past dressed in Asgardian attire. Parts of sets were being transported around the lot. Electricians, technicians and other various crew members were scurrying about everywhere. I noticed Chris Hemsworth leaving his trailer - holy shit he was HUGE! 

Joanne must have noticed the look on my face and followed my line of vision - "Yeah, he's massive isn't he? He's such a gentle giant though." She waved over at Chris, shouting a good morning at him. He held his hand up in the air and returned the greeting to her.

We kept walking and approached a large trailer. I followed Joanne up the few stairs and through the metal door - I could feel the warmth coming from inside and was glad of it.

Joanne approached a slightly older lady - I'd say mid forties - and began speaking to her. She smiled at Joanne before walking over towards me.

"You must be Emilie." She smiled, "I'm Karen. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." She said, extending her hand to me. I reciprocated, shaking her hand, "The pleasure's mine. Thank you so much for giving me this chance."

Karen shrugged, "It was an easy choice. Your folio was very impressive. That Moulin Rouge look you did? Inspiring." She said, smiling at me.

"Thank you." I blushed. "That means so much." I had worked my arse off on that project and was glad it showed in the final photos.