🌥 T H R E E 🌥

Depuis le début

"Yeah, we didn't exactly meet under the right circumstances –" and by the 'right circumstances' I mean I broke into his house and he chased me out of it, "it won't happen ever again, I promise. I was just surprised."

Miranda looks at me for a while, a part of me feels like she's actually concerned, while the other one fully believes she's going to fire me on the spot.

"Fine, just make sure it doesn't happen again. You freaked some people out, myself included."

I can feel my face burning, my stomach twisting with embarrassment. This is possibly the worst thing that has happened ever since I fell in front of everyone in the middle the whole courtyard back in middle school. Like straight up just face planted the ground. You never get over something like that, not when the cute guy from fourth period was watching.

"Don't worry, it won't." I assure her.

"Okay," she lets out a small laugh, "but that was pretty funny."

"You're laughing at me?"

"Just a little."

I try to laugh it off, too, but I still can't get the image of him out of my head. He seemed as surprised as I was when he saw me, but when he called me out I couldn't help but feeling like a criminal, not that running away helped in any manner.

"Can you help Karim, though? You left in the middle of your shift." Miranda holds the door open for me. "And, by the way, if you have any trouble with the guy from before, just tell me."

I nod, a little too eagerly, ready to get out of this awkward situation already. When I walk outside I catch a few students looking my way, hushed laughter behind their hands, but I ignore most of it as I make my way back into the inner circle of the circulation desk. Karim is finishing up with someone when I sit back down on my chair. The guy from before nowhere to be seen.

"So what happened?" Karim asks rolling around to grab some papers from the printer.

"Well, I didn't get fired." Though I'm fairly certain that I'll somehow be written up for causing a ruckus.

"I mean with the guy. That was some Cinderella moment right there." He gives a quick glance around the library, taking out his phone and passing it to me. "Someone even put you guys in the school's Snapchat story."

My blood runs cold. I quickly open up his app and move past the camera option and into the stories he's following. The last thing I need right now is social exposure, but, sure enough, once I'm inside the school's story I find the video within a few taps. It's taken right after the guy points his finger at me, saying "You" way too loud and getting the attention of — well, everyone. Then I'm screaming, standing up and running away. The girl taking the video laughing and muttering "Oh my God, what?" as she follows me and the guy with her phone. The short video finishing up before I enter the room, though this doesn't matter because the following video is also of me and the guy, from a different angle. The caption "What happened?" with three laughing crying faces cutting through the middle of the screen.

No wonder everyone was staring at me when I walked out of the room.

"What if you become a meme?" Asks Karim, taking his phone back.

I roll my eyes, undoing the small ponytail I made with my bangs and attempting one more time to make one with all of my hair, simply giving up and making a hair bun halfway down my head.

"If I become a meme I'll get rich, and I won't be sharing any of my money with you."

"Salty."

I throw him the nearest paper clip, faking a smile as a student approaches the desk.