Is It Worth It?

Alexander was laying on John's naked chest, smiling lightly and listening to the lullaby of this soothing heartbeat. Right now, everything felt nice, everything was calm. He snuggled in his chest and kissed it, just where the heart is supposed to be. A lingering kiss with the purpose of reassuring him, he was going to be good with his heart. He was going to treat it right.

John chuckled, smiling endearingly and hugged the smaller man's body closer to his. This boy, this beautiful boy was his to love and to protect, no one was going to lay a hand on him in his watch. Well, no one but he himself.

"So" Alex started, his voice small and fragile. Almost fading. "What comes next?"

"What do you mean Babygirl?" The other man asked.

"Well...I love you and you l–love me but...W–What about the girls? And your reputation, and– and you b–being in the closet? Where do I fit there?"

John closed his eyes and breathed. He couldn't throw away his only shot with Alex, but that meant leaving so many things behind and he didn't knew if he could do it.

Can he really do it?

"No more of that I guess"

"What?" Alexander asked, his face showing genuine surprise.

"I want a relationship with you Alex, not just being friends with benefits anymore. I want you to me mine, my boyfriend. And if I have to give away my hopes of heterosexuality and my stupid reputation for that, then I'll do it. No more girls for me, just you"

"Yo–You are serious..? You would really give up that for me John? I– you don't really have to– I know it's hard for you being gay and–"

"You're worth it, I'd give anything up if that means being with you"

John knew this wasn't going to be easy, especially the accepting himself as a homo part. But for Alexander? He can't, and won't loose that boy.

Alex in the other hand was almost in tears. John wasn't joking. He seriously loves Alex as much as he loves him and he's willing to do so much for him even if he doesn't deserve any of it. He doesn't deserve John. Why was the universe suddenly being so merciful with him?

"You really are crazy" Was the only thing he was able to say as he hugged John's waist and snuggled in his neck.

"Yeah, crazy for you"

"Oh my god John" He laughed.

"What? It's just that your pretty little face makes me helpless. You have beautiful big bright eyes and a symmetrical face. If I took a meat cleaver down the center of your skull, I'd have matching halves. That's very important"

"John! I thought we had agreed to not talk about Heathers when naked!"

"When?"

"That time when you wanted me to ride you with Dead Girl Walking on the background" He deadpanned.

"Ohh, right I remember"

"Idiot"

"You know you love me"

"Yeah, I do" He sighed.

"I love you too Babydoll"

Everything is going to be alright.