She rolled her eyes. “I just want to do your hair, your nails, and your makeup," she smiled.

“Why? It’s a four hour occasion," I furrowed my eyebrows.

She shrugged. “It’ll be fun.”

“For you,” I muttered under my breath.

She rolled her eyes at me. “My brother is going to have fun, too. Right, Noah?”

He scoffed. “That’s impossible.”

She frowned before glancing at me out of the corner of her eye. “Then why did you say yes if you’re so set on the idea of it being no fun?”

He shrugged. “Why wouldn’t I say yes?”

“Well, you said no to Chloe last year,” Marissa responded.

“That’s because Chloe is an airhead.” He stated casually.

“So, are you calling Kenna smart?” Marissa grinned. She’s trying way too hard to get Noah to compliment me.

“Smarter than Chloe, which isn’t much," Noah indicated.

“But it’s enough to get you to agree to go to my mom’s party with her?” Marissa questioned.

Noah shrugged. “We have an agreement. We aren’t going to be hanging out there; I’m just an entryway, and she’s just stepping through me.”

“So what are you going to do while you’re there?” Marissa frowned.

He shrugged again. “Listen to music? Read? Avoid your family at all costs?”

Marissa snorted at the latter. “I’d do that too if I could.”

I’m grateful that the topic is off of me. “But why did you agree to go with Kenna if you aren’t going to talk to her there? What’s the point in that? You said no to Chloe, what’s the difference?”

He sighed. “I was embarrassed to be seen with Chloe. Everyone knows she’s an airhead who drinks practically every weekend.”

“So you won’t be ashamed to be seen with Kenna?” Marissa asked. I felt like reaching over and duct-taping her mouth shut. She's overdoing it.

He wrinkled his nose. “That’s if she can manage to not embarrass herself for four simple hours.”

I frowned. “I rarely embarrass myself.”

“Oh, so that’s just a part of your personality? Great,” Noah muttered, slumping back in his seat.

“You guys have to do the couples dance! That’d be so cute!” Marissa squealed.

I decided to save Noah from looking like a bad guy, and ultimately saving my ego all at the same time. “I don’t dance.”

“I know you can,” Marissa retorted.

“Not a chance. No,” I sang, quoting High School Musical 2.

Marissa snorted. “You’re such a nerd.”

I shrugged. “I know.”

I went to turn the music on Justin Timberlake was playing. I groaned aloud but Marissa was singing along so I let it play through. Once the song ended, they began taking requests. One person requested Marianas Trench and Stutter started to play. “Who is this?”

I turned to stare at her before shaking my head and turning the song up, a small smile peeking at my lips. Halfway through the song, while I was looking out of the window and smiling, Noah reached his hand between the two seats and changed the song. I smacked his hand before turning the song back. My eyes widened slightly when I realized that I just smacked him but once I glanced at him, all he did was glare at my hand, which was resting on the radio.