21.

yall barely got any good shit — you really think id leave it there?

The person staring back at her in the mirror most definitely wasn't her

Instead of purple bruises coating her eyes and the skin of her bottom lip broken, a beautiful woman with nude lips and striking eyes watched her with a flirtatious gaze. A strappy, black dress hugged her like a second skin, ending barely mid-drift.

"I've got to say the boy has good taste."

Charlie moved her gaze to her best friend, who lounged in her bed admiring the beauty in front of her. "It doesn't cover anything, Mona."

A smirk flirted with her lips. "Is that such a bad thing?"

Charlie released a breath that sounded similarly to a scoff and tugged further at the ends of the cloth that was somehow called a dress. Tyler had sent her a vague text earlier that day, stating nothing but that Josh would be dropping by to give her something and to be ready by seven.

As much as she hated surprises, excitement sparked in the swell of her belly.

This was it — her and Tyler's first date. Though there had been midnight drives and lunch dates, there had never been a name to any of them. They could have been seen as strictly friendly to anyone.

This was different and as strange as it was, she liked being able to say that Tyler was her boyfriend.

"He's here, babe." Charlie spun around, eyes widening and breath catching as Mona flashed her phone in her direction. She barely paid attention to Tyler's text before grabbing the little thing, shoved her toes into her heels and kissed Mona's cheek. Just as she shut the door behind her, she heard Mona yell, "Use protection!"

As Charlie made her way through the quiet dorm hall, the sound of her heels clicking echoed off the walls and set her even more on edge. 

She was nervous — how could she not be? 

She could handle being strapped to a wooden chair for days, but could she allow someone else to hold her heart in their hands?

However, as she pushed the glass door open and stepped into the cool air the night provided, all of her fears and hesitation melted away.

Tyler stood leaning against his old car sporting his black jeans, black converse, a white button-up shirt and red blazer. He wore that stupid, cocky smirk as their eyes met and Charlie was sure her heart had just melted into a puddle of Tyler-induced goo. 

As she made her ways towards him, he pushed himself up and met her halfway. He brushed his thumb down her bottom lip, eyes narrowed and heavy with desire. "Hey," he finally murmured, his words like velvet against her heart.

She smiled so big her cheeks hurt. "Hi."

His eyes trailed down her body down to her toes and back to her eyes. Though his eyes remained locked on her chest for a moment too long, it only shot a heat of warmth down her spine and where she needed him most. "You look beautiful."