07.

have i ever mentioned how much i love jonathan brandis oml rip baby

The sun had began preparing to set for the night, leaving the sky to be painted splashes of various colors

The sun had began preparing to set for the night, leaving the sky to be painted splashes of various colors. Charlie admired it, especially drawn to the purple and blue that crashed together where day met night. "Beautiful, isn't it?" She turned to Tyler, smiling fondly. They walked side-by-side, Tyler's closeness warming her side. Though she never took him for one, Tyler was just a warm person in general.

She met his eyes, which she realized had already been set on her. "Yeah," he quietly said. His eyes held that lazy, admiring gaze, something that spoke so much more than words ever could. She felt her face grow warm, unable to accept nor reject his words.

As the quiet settled between them, a couple of kids passed them. They forced Charlie to squish against Tyler to avoid them, their bodies pressed flush together. If possible, her cheeks grew even warmer. "Sorry," she murmured, her eyes falling to the sidewalk in embarrassment.

Though she was unaware, Tyler couldn't have been happier with himself. He grinned happily, one hand holding the strap of his gym bag while the other dangled at his waist. "It's fine."

Charlie returned to her side of the walkway, catching sight of the yogurt shop they were heading to. "Tell me something."

Tyler's soft gaze returned to her. "What?"

"Anything. I just.. I want to know more than how you have two brothers and that you've played basketball since you could remember."

She saw the gears turning in his head. He brought a hand up to his head, lifting his cap and brushing his fingers through his dark locks. "I was homeschooled when I was a kid."

Charlie lightly scoffed and bumped his hip with her own. "Not what I meant, Ty. I want to know.." She trailed off for a moment, eyes catching the sight of the trees dancing with the breeze. "What makes you get up in the morning. Or what your dream was as a kid."

He instantly murmured, "Taco Bell." She gave him a look— he quickly changed his answer. "The piano." He paused as if that was all he was going to say but he soon continued. "I once tried to teach myself how to play from Youtube videos but I couldn't. So I just started pressing keys." As he told his story, he unconsciously tucked his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants and stared at his shoes as they walked. "Sooner or later, random keys became a song." He shrugged. "When things get bad, I just start pressing keys again."

She admired him then. With the perfect amount of sunlight casting on him, his dark skin contrasting well with his sweatshirt. His dark eyes disappeared into pits of black, though Charlie could see herself staring into them still. The man was beautiful, she could never deny that.

Before she could say anything, Tyler reached out and pulled a door open. Shock awakened Charlie from her trance, pushing her to realize they had arrived at the yogurt shop — Vicky's YoYo. "After you."