19.

seriously, do yourselves all a favor and look up 'young jordan knight' on google
you're welcome :-)

seriously, do yourselves all a favor and look up 'young jordan knight' on googleyou're welcome :-)

The cement floor beneath her felt like a cloud. Though her hands were still constrained, she could never describe how wonderful it felt to be released from that damn chair. She had no idea how long she'd been tied to the thing, but she was sure it was filthy with her feces.

She was faintly aware of the others in the room, many of them more than ten feet from her. She didn't blame them — she couldn't smell much better than she felt.

It'd been days, she was sure of it. How — she couldn't explain. It was just a feeling in her gut. That or the gnawing pain in her stomach from the lack of nutrition.

"Hey," she heard someone approaching her. They were so close she could feel their warmth. "Open those eyes, pretty girl." She wanted to tell them how much she wanted to, but she couldn't find the energy to even flutter her eyelids. The guy sighed and nudged her with what she assumed was his foot. "What did I tell you?" It took her a moment to comprehend that he wasn't talking to her anymore.

The response was faint and she was too lost in the coolness beneath her skin to pay much attention to it.

The guy nudged her once more. "Hey, hey, stay awake. There's someone here for you." Hands abruptly gripped her upper arms and pulled her into a sitting position. With much difficulty, she forced her eyes open.

Darkness burned at her eyes.

"Pretty girl, it's your lucky day."

As her eyes slowly came to focus, she was sure she was on the verge of experiencing a heart attack. That or her mind had finally given up.

Because there was no way that what was standing not ten feet away from her, was real.

She hurt. She hurt everywhere.

As she came to, her nose instinctively twisted up as the smell of anesthetics filled her nostrils. It was sharp and made her eyes water. If she'd had the energy, she was sure she would have sneezed.

"Oh my god, I.. I think she's waking up." She flinched, opening her mouth to yell at whoever the hell was screaming in her ear to only realize she couldn't. Her throat furiously protested before she could form a sound, sending a sharp pain through her throat. It was as if someone had sucked all the moisture out.

Hesitantly, she opened her eyes. It was as if thousands of people snapped a picture of her at the same, exact time. Bright lights flooded her vision, forcing her to snap her eyes shut as fast as she'd opened them.

"Turn the lights off!"

After a breath of a moment, she repeated the process once more. This time, darkness shrouded over her and gave her the time to refocus her eyes. The faint light still hurt her eyes, but it wasn't as painful as before. She saw pale, blue walls, an old TV hanging onto the wall a few feet away and all kinds of machines surrounded her.